1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Makeup

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Maeve, May 31, 2014.

1. Maeve

I want to wear makeup. I've never learned how, and when I try and put it on, I look like a clown. The eye makeup is uneven and smeary, and the foundation looks caked on.

I'd like to be able to even out my skin tone, too. I'm pale with pretty good skin, but I have weird, partially faded freckles. I'd also like to be able to bring out my eyes more. I wear glasses and nobody notices my eyes.

I know my eyebrows need work, but I'm going to get them waxed when I get my hair cut. I want to look a bit more feminine. Maybe I'll even wear skirts! :lol:

2. nikidion

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you don't have serious skin discoloration (freckles don't count) and acne, you don't need foundation. It looks cakey either because you are putting too much on, it's the wrong color, you have picked a full coverage one, or all of the above. Speaking of eyes - you must be using colors that are too dark and not blending them. You need good brushes, quality make up and appropriate kinds of it.

Go on youtube and subscribe to make-up channels. Try juicystar07, chanelette, Lisa Eldridge, pixiwoo, Loepsie etc.

3. Najlen

What color are your eyes? Mine are blue, so this might not be perfect, but I think it could work with any color. I also have glasses and I have gotten a lot of people tell me that it makes my eyes pop. I do light liner underneath my eyes only, and only on the outer half. Then I use one coat of mascara and a swipe of gold or silver shadow over my entire lid. I agree with nikidion, watch video tutorials. They are pretty helpful.
    Some color tips: If you have eyelashes that aren't a dark color, you should use brown or clear mascara instead of black. Clear is also good if your lashes are long and full already, it will just curl them and not clump.
    During the day, light colored shadow is better, if you use dark you run the risk of looking like you have a black eye. At night, use darker colors, and really glittery or metallic silvers for a more dramatic look.

It just takes practice. Once you have put it on a few times, you will get better.

4. Maeve

I ave blue eyes too. :slight_smile:

My eyelashes are pretty nice--thick and long. I'm a brunette, so they're brown at the base, but the last 1/3 or so is white. It makes them look a lot shorter than they actually are.

If I don't use foundation, what do I use instead? Nothing?

I'll check out those channels, thanks.

5. Ravienclaw

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If you don't want to use a foundation powder, maybe you should try a BB cream. So far covergirl is my favorite.

6. Claudette

Claudette Guest

okey-dokey lol
    Blue eyes -- if you have light blue, avoid any blues or greens, use rusty colors "bronze, Rust" silver" etc etc they will make your baby blues POP!

If you have dark blue like mine, the sky is the limit! pastels will bring attention to your eyes, purples (all shades) and light blues and greens will make those stormy blue eyes the center of the room, avoid Dark colors like blacks and darker browns.

for the foundation, you only need a very little bit, rub it all over, you don't want your face to feel wet, this is too much, & if it is shiny in the mirror, it is too much. let it sit for about 1-2 minutes, pat your face real good, don't rub. then apply a translucent face powder all over your face, use a towel to protect your shirt. dip a big ol brush into the powder tap it a few times to shake off the extra powder, apply to your face in "pats", do this for your whole face then brush your entire face with a different clean brush until it looks even.

if you do use foundation, get an eye shadow pencil for your eyebrows, and mascara for your eyelashes. color them back in as the foundation will make them the same color lol

If your face itches during the day, pat it, don't scratch or rub, this will disturb/smear/remove your make-up

Use toilet paper to help the eyeshadow have even lines, or if you're going for cat eyes =)

I hope I have helped! I use make-up daily to help bring out my femininity

7. Maeve

I added some pics on my page. I think I look okay without makeup, but I want to look better.

Claudette, thank you for your advice! You look absolutely gorgeous by the way.