1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are gay guys naturally picky?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Gazza123, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Hey

So I haven't posted in a while on here but I'm kinda in a slump and well I thought I'd see what you guys think. I recently, jokingly made a deal with someone at work that I would join an on-line dating site for one week. I did and well... it sucks. I messaged a few guys, no response and one guy only said "hi" and when I tried to talk to him I got no response. I started getting messages from older guys which is a big NO NO in my book since all they were after was... well you know what.

So are all gay guys my age just looking for sex, Are they all too picky? I try not to be but I know I can be somewhat picky. I like what I like... can't help that. Although looks isn't entirely a big part but it is definitely a park. Maybe it's just the on-line world but all the gay guys on these sites seem to want sex, even the ones claiming to be looking for a relationship or long term.

I probably just trying too hard. It just seems impossible to find anyone these days and the whole "right around the corner" or "it'll happen when you least expect it" is getting really annoying.

I know I know 24 is only young apparently, but does anyone understand how it feels. My friends are in relationships. Its not that I feel left out its just... It's just I dunno, I feel like I'm ready and its not happening.

2. wanderinggirl

It does seem like everyone is in a relationship. I used to have two awesome friends who now only hang out with each other and their boyfriends, so it's the 4 of them and I am not really invited along anymore. It's dumb.

Anyways I can't give you guy-specific advice, but I'd try meeting guys through social events. Meetup is an excellent way to meet people and there are plenty of LGBT events. There are also events at LGBT centers usually. It really helps to meet people in person.