1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Job interview tomorrow, cant be bothered.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Yosia, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Yosia

As i have left school and have finished all but 3 exams I was kind of not forced but heavily persuaded to apply for a job and i am not really ready for one so i really dont know what to do at the interview. I dont have a clue what to say but most of all, i cant be bothered with the interview~

I would like a job but maybe in a month or two, i dont really have any need for money except to waste it on myself. ^.^

Any advice on what to do?

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What job are you interviewing for?

If you have a job interview, take the opportunity to do the best you can. Not everyone gets that far, so treat it seriously.
    Even if you don't feel ready to take on this job, you should take the interview seriously and do your best because every interview is a learning experience that will help you prepare for your next one.

But again - what job are you interviewing for? That might give us an idea of what type of questions you can expect, and then we can help you prepare.

3. Yosia

Fast food restaurant ^.^

4. iamjustababy

iamjustababy Active Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't have much to say other then good luck :grin:

5. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well the questions will be pretty basic then.
    Even if you don't get the job, the interview is great practice. :slight_smile:

They'll probably ask you to tell them a bit about yourself - you can say you're in x grade, interested in x/y sports/teams/activities/hobbies, and that you're looking to get your first job.

They'll most likely ask about your strengths and your weaknesses, so you should come up with a list tonight.

Here's a very complete list of basic interview questions. Just read through them and think of an answer in your head.
    How To Ace The 50 Most Common Interview Questions - Forbes

If you read a question and don't know how to answer, just post about it here and we can give you some pointers.

For every interview I've ever had, I've just gone through interview questions the night before and formulated some general points for each question. Most low-wage job interviews are pretty much the same.
    If you do that and ask us for help with anything you're confused with, you'll be fantastic.

#5 TJ, Jun 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  6. good luck.

bare in mind though you say a job in a month ro two might suit you, well companies look for people to hire and interview loads and then pick the ones they want to hire so sometimes you wont hear youve got the job for about a month. then you might have a starting date of around another 3 weeks to a month later! so it could all work out.

jobs are hard to find!

7. Yosia

Done the interview and i will hear in the next 48 hours, it was really easy actually, we had a group session and then they interviewed us on our own and it literally was like 5 minutes.
    I was coloring and dressing Hello Kitty from the childs area for the rest of the time XD

8. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck with the job.

Just something to think about and reading through your original post, I wonder if you do want to take a break for a couple of weeks. If you are offered the job, I'd say take it, and try to make the best of it.

If by chance they don't offer it to you, I would suggest that you take the next couple to few weeks to get into the space of wanting to apply and having a job. If you are not into the job, or don't feel ready for it, it will show once you do start working.