1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can i answer these questions?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Ali101xx, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Ali101xx

Ali101xx Guest

Out Status:
    All but family
    Life's been really hard for me since I came out physicaly, mentally, externaly, internally, verbally, emotionaly...I could go on. It's these irritating remarks and questions that I keep getting asked by my mum.
    1. You don't need to flaunt about your sexuality and tell everyone who you're. Keep it in your bedroom.
    That's just so irritating. I mean, I came out so I could feel that I fit In with everyone else and that I'm accepted for who I am. But straight people kiss and hug, go on about their pateners, announce their pregnancies etc. But when lgbt people do it, it's called flaunting?
    2. Ignore these feelings, it's all in your head, homosexuality is society and manmade. A man is made for a women and a women is for a man.

I mean this is just annoying, it's unfair. It's not just a feeling and it's not in my head. It's a complete attraction and she also uses religion (Islam) against my sexuality. How can I persuade her that homosexuality is not what she thinks it is.

She also said that she'll accept me no matter who I am, but this is far from acceptance.

2. idkgrrrl

They flaunt heterosexuality. It's a social norm. So I think there is nothing wrong with being proud of who you are, no matter was orientation.

3. kyrtap

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I totally understand your feelings. I swear if I hear someone sat that being gay is a choice one more time I'll scream. I also agree that everyone should be able to express their love to whom ever they feel it. How is it OK for straight couples to kiss on the street or hold hands but not gay ones.
    I don't really have an advice to offer you. I hope with time your mother will finally understand that this is who you are and that's that. Until then stay strong.

4. buikboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi alishaxx. While I am not a Muslim myself, I live with a Muslim guy who has been going through some things with his sexuality. I found a book by a lesbian women named Irshad Manji. The books name is 'Allah Liberty and Love"... i believe.. Anyway the book talks a lot about things like homosexuality in the Quran and even talks about what to tell parents. I believe the book shows that the Quran allows homosexuality or same-sex relationships so maybe it could help you when talking to you mum about religion.

5. KWDBM

Honestly, sometimes you just need to tune things out. You can attempt to have a real, honest conversation about those things if you think it would help (like, explain why those remarks are hurtful and that you'd feel a lot better if it wasn't said), but that may or may not work.

It sounds like YOU know those things aren't true, which is all that really matters. People are going to say stuff, and sometimes there's nothing that can be done to stop them. Sometimes people, especially parents, just need time. It took my mom multiple years to stop saying "well, you could at least *try* dating a guy". But it finally did sink in.

6. Ali101xx

Ali101xx Guest

Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks for the advise people and for the book too x

7. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    im a muslim too and my sister said the same to me when i came out to her and even more
    i couldn't convince her to change her mind you just cant change their minds i told her its just a phase and im not thinking about that till im really ready for something like marriage and she shut it after that
    so if you want do the same im planning to just hide myself from my family until i can get out of my home and start my own life if i come out to them then yes they would be the last to know but at least i know that they would see me more like a grown up and accept me more and i don't live under their roof to change me and control me i wont have problems with them
    just an idea you dont have to do what im doing just saying

8. Ali101xx

Ali101xx Guest

Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah that's good I agree with your advise at least you won't have to be under family pressure of forced marriages etc...better to just stay in the closet in some cases. Good luck for your future.