1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me!!!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by person57, Jun 8, 2014.

1. person57

I've been talking to a guy for the past couple weeks that a friend of mine tried to hook me up with and I was never really sure if I liked him. Also, we never met in person and we've only been texting and talking on the phone and talking on Facebook. He really wanted to meet me, but I couldn't because I thought that my parents wouldn't let me because they don't like the idea of me dating someone I don't even know. I told him before that I wasn't really sure if I liked him but he loved me a lot. Yesterday, I told him once again that I'm not sure if I like him and he texted back "we need to meet" then I texted back "we won't be able to meet anyways. Sorry, but we're not going to happen" Then he was all sad and told me about how he told his friends about me. After that, I tried to be nice to him and tell him that he'll find a great guy one day and I told him to think and be positive. Then he said he'd rather get hit by a car than find a boyfriend and he said he's ugly. I told him that he's not ugly and he's an amazing person and he'll find a good guy one day and I told him to be positive again. Later in the day, I got a text from his number saying Brian just attempted suicide and he's been sent to a mental hospital and it was his best friend who had his phone. His best friend was going off in me and we kinda argued and then later on I decided to ignore him/her. I feel very bad and I feel that it's my fault :\

---------- Post added 8th Jun 2014 at 01:10 PM ----------

Also, he doesn't even live far from me. I want to say that we're 25 min. apart if it's driving?

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's not your fault. There was nothing u could do to help him u didn't wanna be with him he should've just understood and moved on but instead he had nothing to live for if he couldn't have u and since he felt that way the world was over to him. and hey u tried to tell him he's a beautiful person but he didn't want to listen to u. I'm very sorry this happened to u (*hug*) but remember it's not your fault.

3. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's probably just me, but it seems more likely his parents would phone you/your parents telling you this, not getting a text from his number.

Anways it NOT your fault. You can't do whatever people say all the time, just you're afraid of hurting them. It would have been worse getting into a relationship with him, leading him along if you didn't really like him.

Can you talk to your mom about this? (*hug*)

4. person57

His parents don't know about me. Also, I don't think I have to talk to my parents about this and I don't think they'd be okay with me talking to a guy I never met and only have been talking for about a couple weeks. Also, now I know it's not my fault!! :grin: Thank y'all for your answers (*hug*)

5. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What I was trying to say is that there's the slight possibility that HE texted you that and was trying to make you feel bad. People can be cruel. IMHO you did want your parents wanted:cut off communication with the guy. (*hug*) I don't see why they'd be mad that you told him you're not going to talk to him anymore.

6. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    HM03 has a good point in fact you're probably right bc see when u attempt suicide u don't immediately go to a mental hospital I've had a friend who tried suicide once and well she didn't go to one at all heck the mental institute wasn't even brought up till the second day she was there so ya he probably just said that to u but in my advice I would just avoid him.

7. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    dont worry its an old trick most people on the net used
    they pretend to be the best friend and the other someone is in the hospital trust me happened a lot before
    just to make u feel bad
    ignore its not your fault even if he did kill himself its his lost
    you were so nice to him and thats enough so if he killed himself cause someone he loved online doesnt like him that way and cant meet him thats his problem not yours honey ^^

8. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yep right on joshy :thumbsup: really though person57 u probably just got blackmailed I wouldn't worry about it too much.

9. person57

Thanks y'all for your answers :slight_smile: (*hug*)