1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to find the GSA?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by SensesFailX, Jun 8, 2014.

1. SensesFailX

Ok so most support forums and articles for gay teens tell you that if your school has a GSA, to join it. The problem is, how do you find it???

I've been on the GSA website numerous times and my school is listed as a school that has a GSA in it. However I've never seen a lick of GSA related material at my school. I've never heard of anyone who is in it, never seen it on the clubs roster, and so I have no idea how to even find it.

I know a surefire way is to ask my counselor but I'm not sure if I wanna do that :/

Does anyone know how I can find it?

2. Mitchell

Try asking your guidance counselor or school psychologist.

Those types of people seem to know about that. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Since you're not sure if you're ready to ask outright, how about instead of asking specifically if there is an LGBT+ group at your school, why don't you ask and see if there's a list of student organizations and see if there is one on there?

4. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

I'm a GSA president at my middle school and I think you should speak to the principal or guidance counselor. The club at your school probably doesn't have enough members , so no one really knows about it or they haven't put word about it at school. Idrk

5. Silver Sparrow

Are there any out students at your school to whom you would feel comfortable speaking?

6. IG88

Go to the guidance counselor's office or main office and look around for materials. Look/ask for a list of all school clubs/organizations/sports. Check your school's website too.

7. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

This sounds incredibly stupid but what do you do at GSA/LGBT/Alphabet Soup clubs? I've been encouraged to join one a lot but my schools never had one so I have thought about looking for one off campus but like..... it feels like it'd be weird? What do you do on an average day? Sorry I just get really anxious about this stuff ha

8. SensesFailX

I'm gonna ask for a list of clubs and organizations and hope its on this one :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: it hasn't been on any others. But thanks guys