1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't figure it out...got any advice?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by xLone Wolfx, Jun 9, 2014.

1. xLone Wolfx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There's this woman I like who works the same place I do and am pretty sure she likes me back. Trouble is I have always liked keeping my work life and personal life seperate...thinking ahead that if we hooked up and things didn't go well, then I would have to most likely would quit and find another job, which I really don't want to do. I mean, who wants to spend 8hrs a day monday through friday working under that scenario, right?

Maybe I'm making a bigger deal out of it than I should? My neurosis, always trying to avoid drama, tensions, bad spots...don't like feeling uncomfortable anymore than making others uncomfortable. Doesn't help me that I'm introverted/antisocial...I really like people...only do best 1 on 1 with them, add more people to that equation, the harder it is for me to contribute socially, with conversation, for those who are the same know it can be very tense and draining! :frowning2: Now this woman, she is a bit shy but much more outgoing, social, really likes to be part of a large crowd...yet, she hasn't really been blunt about what she wants with me. She has made some strong hints at it and basically put the ball in my court to approach her, to ask her out, open up about my feelings.

My gut tells me she is looking for a regular boyfriend, someone who will take her out on dates, someone for a long term relationship, but for me, I am just interested in hooking up, having a good time, being friends with benefits. I'm afraid to tell her that, afraid of hurting her feelings. I worry that she won't think I see her to be good enough for me as a girlfriend, but that's not it at all. I just don't want anything serious with anybody right now. I also couldn't just hook up with any woman, but me and her have known each other some time, attractions have been there as far back as I remember starting work there and don't think they're going anywhere either. Really think it would be nice to explore that, but, afraid that if we don't want the same it will never happen.

So as you can see I been wracking my brain for some time now trying to figure out how to put all this sensitively, to her, in a way that won't offend or hurt her. So even if I set aside the fact that we work together, just not knowing enough about her. Anyway, I just don't know what to do, and as I wonder what others would do in situation like mine, thought I'd ask you peeples. So in a nutshell, 2 things really Would you/Have you hooked up with someone you worked with? How did it start out and how did it work out in the end? Thanks for your time and wish you all a sensational evening/good day.

2. poetofdarkness

get her on her own somewhere quiet, express your feelings and your desire to get to know her better, take her out on a date (so you can get to know her) and go from there

3. xLone Wolfx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks poet for your advice. I'm sure she'd like that, but...it's just hard you know? I keep waiting for that perfect moment to approach, but never seems to come. Wish I could forget her but it's hard to put her out of my head when I see her every day, her smile, and the sweetness that comes with it. Like I say not looking for a girlfriend, so don't want to confuse her by asking for a date...I don't want her to think I'm an @sshole/player, or to let her down about me. I always think maybe if I just wait til I am ready to settle down, be serious, then approach her. Speaking of approach, where I work it's basically impossible to get her on her own somewhere quiet...you are right it sure would help though. Lately I've been debating whether or not it'd be a good idea if I handed her a piece of paper with my cell on it and just tell her to text me. I probably have enough time to do that without anyone noticing or making a thing of it. I just really want to keep a lid on things as gossip is worse where I work than it was in my school...I figure on making a move eventually, but want to be sure that I don't screw it up.