1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He died. He came back. I'm so terrified

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by black-cat, Jun 10, 2014.

1. black-cat

My best friend attempted to kill himself this morning, he was resuscitated on scene. He has been in a psych ward for a few months.

I'm beyond terrified. I can barely function. I can't lose him. He doesn't deserve this. I don't know what to do. I feel so helpless. I don't know if I want to cry, have a hug or just stare at the ceiling. I haven't heard from his family in 10 hours. I'm just so scared of losing him. I'm sorry for venting, its just that I needed to get it out.

We aren't romantically involved with each other, but our friendship is secret. Only one of his family members know about me.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't you ever apologise for venting something like this ever again! Seriously, it must be horrible for you! (*hug*)

All I can do is offer an ear if you need to talk!

3. BelleFromHell

I've gone through the same thing. I had a close friend who told me she was going to kill herself. I didn't hear from her for almost two weeks and I was absolutely terrified. I even told my family about the situation (which is something I never do unless I'm extremely distraught).

All I can say is... you're not alone. (*hug*)

I agree. You don't need to apologize for venting about something this serious.

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Totally agree with this. You NEED to vent about this. Please talk to us and tell us when you have an update.

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't apologize for venting, this is a really hard thing to have to go through, and I'm sorry that you are going through it right now. I hope that you hear from his family again soon :slight_smile: Also, if you need to, you can PM any of the staff members if you want to talk :slight_smile:

6. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    yes, you very much needed to vent about this and please keep us updated

7. wardrobeescaper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hopefully being in the Psych ward should start the process of helping him. I remember when my bromance buddy was mugged at knife point out in Africa while he was travelling. I had to bite my tongue and try not to get too emotional but I was crying deep inside and soo glad to have him back in one piece. I'm sure you will be a source of strength for him, just don't be too intense or fuss over him. Give him time to talk and just be there... its ok to say nothing at times.

#7 wardrobeescaper, Jun 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  8. black-cat

He is stable and in a more secure side room than where he was. He has been sedated, no damage was done aside from a few broken ribs when doing CPR. It looks like he is going to be okay.

Thankyou so much to every single one of you, it means so much to me. The world can be very lonely at times. I truly appreciate all the support. ❤

9. Nick07

(*hug*)

is it necessary to keep the friendship a secret? Maybe his (or your) family would be more open to the idea now?
    Do you think you could get to the hospital and leave a supporting note for him?
    I would avoid telling him things like How could you think of leaving me, I would be heartbroken.

Don't let him think it was selfish and that he did something wrong. Let him know that you are by his side and whatever he has to face and fight, he is not alone.

10. photoguy93

I can't believe how crappy this situation is.... It sucks when a friend is not with it.

That being said, you matter. You are your advocate. Your friend was in a horrible place. You can't harm yourself. I don't mean like, physical harm or anything.

It's not nearly as bad, but I had a friend who was deeply depressed and just seemed distant. I spent a lot of time worrying about her. It was intense. And... We aren't friends anymore. I'd do it again, for sure, but I wouldn't fret. I did what I could - and you should be comfortable with that, too.

11. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good advice from Nick07 there. Do you think you could get a supportive note to him?

12. Nick07

Hi Jane Doe, how is your friend? Have you had a chance to talk to him?

And how are you?

13. black-cat

Thankyou so much for your response.
    I haven't heard from him or his family since Saturday night, he was getting transferred to a diffrent hospital at the other side of the country on Sunday. I'm so scared, just trying to convince myself that everything is okay.

I'm struggling but doing better than I thought I would given the situation. How are you? Thanks again, it means a lot.

14. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm pleased you replied to Nick07's message as I've been wondering too. Hopefully, he will see your reply.

It's good that you heard from him/his family, but it doesn't lessen your concern, especially now he's so far away.

If you are worried and struggling, please keep talking. You don't want to bottle this up. We're all with you, if you need us.

15. Nick07

It must be difficult to be so far away without a chance to talk to him. Perhaps you could give a letter to his parents or send one to the hospital (depending on his health status of course and maybe after checking with the staff).

(*hug*)

16. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You must feel terrible for your friend :frowning2: Sorry to hear that he is in such a state. I'm sure it'll help him to know you care deeply about him and don't hold his suicide attempt against him.