1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slightly stupid but...I was thinking of going to Pride?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Wren, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Wren

Okay, so this might seem a little bit of wishful thinking, but I was thinking of going to Pride this year. I really want to go, and I think it might make me feel better about being who I am if I try and meet people like me and celebrate that part of myself.

However, I'm not out to my parents (or at least it's too complicated to ever talk to them about it) and I would not consider in the slightest asking them if I can go. The nearest one is in either London or Brighton, so I'd have to take an hour-and a half train ride to get there, and as I know no LGBT people, I'd be on my own. This is also with the factor that if my parents found out, they'd go absolutely crazy-we don't get along all that well in the first place.

I am very comfortable with taking the train by myself, however, and I know my way around London reasonably well (Brighton less so, though I have been there.)

It might seem a little reckless and far-fetched, particularly with me being closeted and all, but I just really want to find other people who are the same as me. There's no way I could go looking for LGBT people in my town openly, as most people I know all know each other, and the word would probably circle back. I'd probably be willing to take a risk, but what do you guys think? Do I have the beginnings of an idea, or should I just sit this one out?

2. Yosia

Why not? ^.^

I think its a great idea if you can get there and back safely, i would go to my nearest but i dont really enjoy social events.

Go and enjoy yourself and then make up some story that you went shopping (maybe even buy something to prove it) XD