1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I screwed up when meeting another woman

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by stocking, Jun 10, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I met this woman at the pride party that's also a lesbian and I screwed things up because I ended up getting a little drunk when I met her , and I think I acted a little desperate . I was drinking to calm my nerves . She seemed to like me during the time we were talking and very interested and she even asked me for my number and gave me hers . What sucks is she never initiated contract with me , I'm always the one to text and I only texted her twice last week and when I do I only get one line answers it would be like this
    Me how are you ?
    her Good what about you ?
    Me Pretty good nice weather today isn't it
    then No answer
    this also went the second time I texted her after waiting 4 days before doing so , I think she lost interest and it makes me sad but I can't help but wonder why , I wasn't even badly drunk and we were talking pretty good but I'm thinking I will probably never see this person again which sucks and I feel a little sad :icon_sad:

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don;t do that to yourself stocking...oh man...prepare for some extreme hypocrisy :slight_smile:

If someone isn't interested, or loses interest, it isn't necessarily because of something YOU did.

You know, if you were sitting here telling me you'd been speaking to her for days and had been really in depth and were really getting somewhere with this girl, then maybe I'd accept you'd done something to cause this...

Let's assume she lost interest. There are a million reasons she could have lost interest, and your ACTIONS account for very few of them.

Don't beat yourself up because one person isn't interested!

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I just feel so sad still Holly and it was my first time flirting with a girl and meeting another girl that was into girls at a gay bar . what you mean by this Don;t do that to yourself stocking...oh man...prepare for some extreme hypocrisy :slight_smile:

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it was my first time

How many times have you ever heard this phrase and heard something good follow it?

The first time I fought with spears I got hit so hard in the balls I fell over.
    The first time I climaxed with another person I felt so bad I dumped her the next day.
    The first time I went to counselling I spent half the session refusing to talk.
    The first time I picked up a banjo, I realised I couldn't play it.
    The first time I shaved my legs, I bled so badly you'd think I was trying to remove the leg.

How often do you hear "The first time I did X, it went exactly as I planned!" Almost never.

I understand how horrible it is to feel like something is going well only to find out that it isn't (Hey, ask me about my weekend...!). It's a horrible feeling to feel rejected like that, but you can't let it bring you down like this.

Right now you are looking at it EXACTLY how I start looking at things.

I did X and nothing happened.

In your case, I flirted with a girl in a gay bar and I did not end up dating this girl.

Perhaps it seems a little silly when I phrase it like this, and perhaps you're sitting here wanting to tell me that I'm wrong and that you didn't think you'd end up dating or whatever. But we both know it's not true. In an ideal world that is where you would have ended up or you wouldn't have done it.

But that's a really all or nothing approach!! It's also a complete load!

Think about it, you didn't get 'nothing' out of your experience.

You proved to yourself that you can approach people and get phone numbers, you can be flirty and interesting. You can do all these things on your own without completely breaking down. These are all good things.

Find the good elements in your situation! You may not have achieved the main goal, but you've achieved lots of little things you can still be proud of, and you can use those to feel more confident next time.

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Your right holly I was hoping to get another girlfriend plus she was a femme like me which made me happy to find another femme :slight_smile: I just felt like such a loser

6. kebabs1981

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    bless ya just think its her loss your gain there's more fish in the sea sweetie

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I know but it feels like she was the one that got away but then again maybe I'm the one that got away . :confused:

#7 stocking, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2014