1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem-causing grandparents...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Gentlady, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Gentlady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm at my grandparents' now. It's terrible, because to be honest, my grandma is a manipulative bitch. If she asks you to wash the dishes, get the post, turn off the TV, clean up the kitchen, anything, you just can't say no. For two reasons. She can ask so nicely that it's difficult to say no, and then if you do, you get hell. She calls you a lazy good-for-nothing. If something's not done exactly like she wants, she starts yelling. Even if it's something she knows nothing about...
    She just fought with my grandpa. I don't know what about, but I heard terrible yelling. I am sad, scared and very pissed off. She can't just think that everything works exactly like she wants!
    She's also very religious, and, well, I am not. So it really annoys me when we are having a normal conversation about neighbours, and she looks up in the sky and says "Good neighbours are a gift from our God". I mean, there's nothing bad to be Christian or religious in any other way, but there's no need to talk about it nonstop.

And I can't say any off this to her, because if I do, she gets mad.....

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  3. Sigrid

Gosh, that sounds so annoying! I'm not very religious myself, and I find it really annoying when people try to force their religion on me.
    As for the fighting, I'm so sorry you have to go through that. My dad and stepmother fight a lot (even when I'm there) and it's horrible and uncomfortable. So I know exactly how you feel.

4. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    yea, i can understand the fighting, um im wondering how do you um deal with it like, a good stress reliever you have?

5. Gentlady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I go rowing the boat xd It's something I can do alone... Or then I lock up in this side-building where I sleep in. They can't get in.

---------- Post added 11th Jun 2014 at 01:24 PM ----------

Thanks. It's not only annoying, it also makes me feel kinda awkward, cause she doesn't know I'm not religious(again, if I told her, she'd be disappointed and make me go through hell because I don't believe in the exactly same things she does). And then it's also like, there was a lesbian couple in the background of a TV show she was watching. Hmmm yeah made me feel very good and confident when she said "Oh that's just gross and unnatural, wonder what's gone wrong when they were raised".......
    Yeah, she makes everything a fight. It's so terrible. I'm sorry you have to go through something like that, too (*hug*) It's really terrible, and -like you said- uncomfortable.

6. Gentlady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am probably posting in a dead thread, but I must say this. Now my grandma was so very wise once again. She asked if I wanted to play a game, and I said yeah why not. She asked me to wait till she had washed the dishes. Well, I did but I fell asleep. So when i woke up, she told me "I could've played the game with you, but you didn't want to so now we won't". Like, wtf?? I frickin' FELL ASLEEP and she tells me I didn't want to play(not that I wanted to, but I was going to anyway).....

7. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    your grandmother seems rather well, tempered and must be just annoying, i suggest just trying to stay out of her way, you dont need behavior affecting you

8. poetofdarkness

A religion is like a penis. It's okay to have one and it's okay to be proud of it. But please don't take it out and start swinging it around in public and please don't shove it down my throat.