1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Closet or Not?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MacabreJerk, Jun 12, 2014.

1. MacabreJerk

I'm 20 years old, a girl, and for 6 years I have denied to my family that I am anything but straight. My mom and dad, as well as my brother, have teased about it, but deep down, I do have romantic feelings, as well as sexual desire for those of the same sex. Namely for one girl in particular who I love and care about almost as much as I do my boyfriend. I have stayed in what I call my own closet, because many lesbians are not accepting of bisexuals, but also I am afraid of admitting to myself that I may be bisexual, and of coming out in any way to a family of conservative Christians who I know this would devastate. But I feel trapped. I don't know what to do or who to talk to about what I feel.

2. livelovelaugh

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think you should think about it for a while and even experiment a little to figure out who you are. Even if your family is devastated they will still love you, I would also suggest coming out to a friend to get your feelings out and feel less trapped.