1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I feel this way?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Water lover, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Water lover

Water lover Guest

So over the last couple weeks my crush has grown alot bigger. I have a crush on my best friend but this isn't a help me get over it Post (trust me I have read all of those). This is umm I was on instagram and I saw a picture of him and his ex-gf and I just about puked. I don't really know what emotion it came from it just made me feel sick to my stomach. This has happened a couple of times before when I have made some social blunders but this was way worse. My question is this normal (I know most of us here are mildy messed up in some way otherwise why would we be here looking for help :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: (meant in the mildest funnest sense)) I know people describe like butterflies in there stomachs but this felt like a tornado lol. Is it like guilt or jealously or something. Any thoughts anyone?(&&&)(&&&)

2. Undertow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I say this to a lot of people, but I think it's important:
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with your emotions, so don't try to convince yourself that you should or shouldn't feel a certain way. You feel however you feel because your mind is trying to tell you something. (I know that all sounds a bit dramatic, but I'm not sure how else to put it).

I'm pretty sure that what you're describing is more infatuation than jealousy (although the latter often comes with the former). I've felt like this before, I think (though in my case, it was for a woman)...does it kinda feel like someone just punched you in the stomach?

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That sounds absolutely normal. I've had similar strong feelings which caused me physical pain. It is the worst. But time dulls, or better yet, action can heal it immediately. Have you talked to your friend about it, or just tried dropping little hints*? Even if he doesn't say yes, he's sure to understand, and then you will have the all-important closure that soothes those horrible crush feelings. They might not go away totally, but they won't be as bad once you quit having to imagine what could be before you tried.

*No promises he'll pick up on really subtle hints, but feel free to ramp them up lol.

4. Water lover

Water lover Guest

Yea it feels exactly like someone decided to walk up to me say hi then randomly hit me in the stomach multiple times. Until i beg for mercy (again dramtic but hey why not have some fun when live is a little gloomy)

5. kyrtap

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh I know this feeling so well. I was in love, madly in love with my best friend. We were working together and spending a lot oh time together. Then he got a girlfriend, she was working there too... oh lucky me now I got to see the men of my dreams with someone else. The feeling you described was what I felt so very often... it sucked, lucky I was able to get over my feelings (that took some time) and im a lot better now. Good luck, it gets better.

6. ginger cthulhu

I think it's a totally normal reaction.
    I was in love with my best friend (still kinda am a bit), and I get those feelings from time to time.