1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When being a creep slaps you in the face

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by sugarskull, Jun 13, 2014.

1. sugarskull

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I was harmlessly, and creepily looking at a girl at my works instagram.

Very quick back story- I am in a straight relationship, I have a daughter, I am confused as hell when it comes to my sexuality. Im thinking I am a lesbian and I am miserable.
    She is a lesbian at my work, she has a girlfriend. We talk quite a bit when we are around each other...

So I was just looking through her pictures...and accidentally liked one of them. SHIT. Annnddd then my phone froze and i was trying to unlike it and then clicked "follow" so I had to delete that too. She is going to get a notification that I liked something. Shes gonna know I was being a creep.
    I am so embarrassed.
    Should I be worried? Will she think I'm weird? I mean, its not like she KNOWS I have a crush on her, but now something is gonna seem weird to her... shit. shit.

2. Unkempt Harold

Your not a creep. I can tell you that much.

Why would she knowing you have a crush on her be weird?

3. lionfood

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nah, it'll just seem like you found her IG, and followed her because you talk at work and you're friendly :grin:

4. sugarskull

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't know... I feel like I'm 15... its stupid. I am an adult. I just feel so... childish? I don't know. Its been a VERY long time since I've had a crush on someone. I don't know how to act, what to say, how to know if she knows...

Lets say a girl (or dude) that you work with and get along with liked something of yours then unliked it. Did I make it even more obvious?
    Its not like I can tell her. We are both kinda unavailable.
    I'm way overthinking!!

5. Hyaline

I like pictures of my friends kids on FB, doesn't mean I am stalking them either.. It is ok to just like a picture. It just means you like it. Now if its a naked picture, then you might have some more explaining to do. but I suspect it was something harmless..

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Eh, it happens. Why would people put up pictures if they didn't expect others to look at them?

7. sugarskull

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    No, I'm not friends with her on FB or Instragram. Which mean she now knows I deliberatly searched her (and to make it worse her instagram name isn't even her real name, I google searched it...)

8. kev123

Well, shit happens. Even if she knows that you stalked her, it's not the end of the world. When something embarrassing happens, it's always good to remember that most people are nice. There are actually very few mean-spirited people out there. I seriously doubt that this will have any negative consequences for you.
    What is the worst that could happen? I seriously doubt anything will happen. And if she says something just say that you were bored and found her instagram.
    Don't worry too much. It's 99% in your head.

9. thekillingmoon

Doesn't sound like you did anything wrong. When I saw the title I thought it would be something along the lines of "I wrote her a hundred messages and she never replied to one". You did none of that, so it's fine. Is she even aware that you're questioning your orientation? Cause if not, as far she knows you're just a straight coworker. You could tell her you liked the photos and wanted to add her.