1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acting a bit too feminine?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by PrinceFabulous, Jun 13, 2014.

1. - My voice is just a slight bit high
    - I'm pretty weak
    - I'm kinda of emotional
    - I often look at other guys.

People are telling me I act a bit too gay. I've been told it's completely "obvious" and, I really want to change that. I am gay, but, I just don't want to be one of those guys everyone stares at and thinks to themselves, "Ughhh, he's so irritating, he acts so gay." I see people do it all the time, and I just don't want to be one of those guys who gets bullied like that... But, the traits I listed are the only feminine ones I can think of. Do those just like, make me seem super flamboyant and feminine?

2. Undertow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay, I'm rather pissed off on your behalf at the people who have told you that you're being "obviously gay". Sorry, it just strikes me as judgmental and tactless.

If you want to change the way you are, that's up to you...but don't ever let anyone make you feel like you have to change. Your voice, your emotions, your mannerisms...those things are your business, no one else's.

Plenty of guys have slightly higher-pitched voices. Your voice is your voice, and anyone who has a problem with that is being completely ridiculous.
    There is nothing wrong with being emotional. Emotions are part of being human, and quite frankly, it's alarming how much people try to bury them these days. You have every right to feel however you feel.
    As for looking at guys...Do people who know and accept that you're gay seriously judge you for looking at guys? I can't even wrap my head around that. I'm literally face-palming right now at the apparent close-mindedness of some people.

I'm sorry if that sounded angry. The irritation is not directed at you, I promise, but at those who are judging you. If you would like for me to delete this, please tell me.

But honestly, the person that you are is entirely your choice. Please don't let others mold you into someone that you're not.

3. Thank you for your advice. Really, I guess it is wrong to change myself because of how other people talk to me. That really, helped me out, thank you.

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It might not be necessary for me to say so after your response to Undertow, but please be you, and make no compromises when it comes to who you are. If it were up to me, I'd say the world needs some guys with the list of traits you gave. And at the very least, there are hordes of other people who would jump at the chance to be with you in one way or another, just as you are.

A quote from our favorite playwright, Oscar Wilde: "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." :wink:

5. KyleCats

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just adding my voice to the choir. Be yourself and never be ashamed of it. There is nothing wrong with the traits you listed. There is nothing wrong with being you :slight_smile:

6. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You are allowed to be as feminine as you naturally are, and that right should be defended by force.

7. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

You are you and nothing can change that. Don't be ashamed of who you are.

8. Sarah257

You can never acting too feminine. You can only act too falsely.

9. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Some people tell me I am a tomboy so that is how they had a feeling I liked girls. Well guess what I like to dress my own way (comfortably). I also get the occasional you hide in your clothes because I don't like revealing clothes. People will judge no matter what. The only person who should care is you. If you like who you are then be you. I know easier said than done, but you have to be yourself. The people who judge need to get the heck out of your life or take the hint that you are you.