1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Idk

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by biffle50, Jun 15, 2014.

1. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

I don't know what is going on with me but I'm terrified of speaking to my friends on here. I guess it's the fear of not knowing what's going to happen. Sometimes I'm scared of speaking to people. Constantly worrying about do they like me, did I scare them away or are they friends with me because they feel sorry for me. Like I'm fragile or something. If you can, please tell if you've felt this way before. And how to get over it. God Bless :slight_smile:

2. KayJay

I feel similar all the time. I feel like I send texts too much and annoy people so they don't respond or if they do it is one word responses with nothing to build a conversation off of. I feel like people only talk to me because they feel like they have to but if they are in a situation where they don't feel forced it seems no one even responds to me.

Wish I knew how to fix it :frowning2: I find that reading helps me a lot, also painting, to keep distracted. I know in the long run it doesn't fix anything but at least it might help you relax little.

3. black-cat

It's very common, the vast majority of people feel like that at some point through their lives. In severe cases it can be related to Social Phobia or Generalised Anxiety Disorder, or various other mental illnesses.

I recommend you go to the doctor or your school nurse, a therapist if you have one. They will be able to help you. Good luck. :slight_smile:

4. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This a very common feeling to have, and part of it may just be your maturity level, or how much experience you have in the world socially.
    How old are you?

One thing though - You definitely do not need to feel this way on EC. The people here are some of the nicest on the internet (and in the world), and will almost always talk to you.
    Also - You're on here anonymously with a safe account. Nobody will know it's you, so please don't be afraid to talk to people and use EC as a tool to develop social skills.

5. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

I'm 13 and people say I'm mature for my age.

6. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

Don't worry about what other people think. Just be yourself.

7. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

I'm trying to. But thanks for the advice.