1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School says there is a freeze on transcripts?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by josh9623, Jun 16, 2014.

1. josh9623

I was very recently accepted to a college and i have been trying to get all my paperwork together and turned in. The school had us fill out request forms for transcripts before graduation, and gave a date (think it was early july). I called to double check when the date was (the college wants it by july 1 but will take it until july 15) And they told me "none of the transcripts have been prepared and we do not have a date as the state has put a freeze on transcripts" I plan to call the school board tomorrow to confirm that this is not just more of their bs.

Does anyone else see this as odd?

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That apunds like bs. If you get the runaround, call your state senator or assembly persons ofc and ask for constituent services. Explain you need the transcript to get into college and you are getting the runaround. Someone from their ofc will call and bitch at the right person to make it happen.

3. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is typical of the many hoops you will need to jump through before finishing school. The best way to handle situations like this is to be a squeaky wheel. Call for clarification tomorrow as you plan to do but whatever they say be sure to call back at every stage until the transcripts have arrived at their destination. Don't take anyones word for what they say they are going to do, be sure to check up on everything and complain loudly if you don't get a solution to your problems. You have to be a strong advocate for getting your degree and have the attitude that you won't let anything stand in your way. It's expected of you.

4. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definitely call them and basically make a fuss until it gets done. And make sure that if it doesn't seem like your transcripts are going to get sent in time you call the admissions office at your college. As long as you explain what's going on, I'm sure they would take the transcripts late, but it's important to communicate with them.

5. Water lover

Water lover Guest

Hell I have had to deal with similar issues with my school (not college but a selective stem dedicated highschool) and what I basicle did is walked jnt eyre and told them toget there shit together or I was going to call the school bored and guess what five minutes later I had it in my hand and I was walking out the door lol.