1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

feeling "bummed out" today...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Emmanuella, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Emmanuella

I'm just having one of those mornings. I have the day off and have spent a little too much timelost in my own thoughts...

I was using [Removed] last night and randomly decided to switch my search from girls only to Men and Women...automatically I was getting match after match. I literally matched with every guy I "right-swiped". Every.single.one. what IS that!!?
    Yes, I do get matches with women...but maybe only a couple a week. Considering I am generally more attracted to women,this had left me feeling a tad discouraged. Maybe I will just have to "settle" for some poor guy some day, as I am not appealing to lesbians? :shrug::shrug:
    .I've done the online dating thing, but have become lazy with regarding to checking and replying to messages. I'VE been too busy and find myself losing interest rather quickly. I cannot seem to meet other gay women in real life... I have no clue WHERE they are hiding out?! Can somebody give me a hint please? :thumbsup:
    I think I'm just a tad too feminine to be picked up on anybody else's gaydar...so no chance there either. AT the same time, I'm trying to distance myself from this one girl at work that I find myself incredibly attracted to as she has literally zero-interest --> go figure!

To top it off my flirting skills ARE next to nothing...the other day on the bus a really attractive woman randomly smiled at me. (Maybe it was my rainbow bracelet or maybe she was just a random friendly stranger...I dont know.) I just smiled back shyly and looked away. :sleep:

Anyhow I was just completely sidetracked so my venting will end here. All that to say, if someone went ahead and created a mail-order-lesbian service...I wouldn't be ENTIRELYopposed.

*I just typed this from my phone sooo... apologies for anything and everything auto-correct related!

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not really familiar with dating services, but perhaps ###### just isn't a popular choice for LGBTQ people?

Many, many people are straight, so it's really no surprise. It's not that you're unattractive, there are just more straight men than gay women. But, there are plenty of awesome gay ladies out there, so don't feel discouraged! I know one myself.

And, no worries about having bad flirting skills. Mine include:

"Are you made out of copper and tellurium? Because you're CuTe."
    and
    "Are you a carbon sample? Because I want to date you."
    and
    "Are you a 45 degree angle? Because you're acute-y."
    and
    "I'm a fermata. Hold me."

So yeah. You aren't alone.

3. Emmanuella

hihi, at least you've got something! :thumbsup:

...If worse comes to worst I might just steal one of these... :icon_wink