1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i think im lesbian

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by userx37, Jun 20, 2014.

1. userx37

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've dated my boyfriend for a couple of months. In the beginning, I actually did really like him. But the first time he hugged me I was really uncomfortable. I really love him but I get this weird uncomfortable feeling whenever he touches him. One time he tried to kiss me and I got this weird feeling of disgust.

2. Polterpup

I mean, you COULD be a lesbian. But maybe you're just not attracted to him. Maybe you need to ask yourself some questions. Like, would you be happier in a relationship with a woman? Does thinking about hugging, kissing, ect with a girl make you feel all fuzzy inside? Think about some questions like those.

3. userx37

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've dated my boyfriend for a couple of months after knowing him for almost a year. In the beginning, I actually did really like him. But the first time he hugged me I was really uncomfortable. I really love him but I get this weird uncomfortable feeling whenever he touches me in any way. he tried to kiss me and I got this weird feeling of disgust. When we danced, I just wanted to go dance with my girlfriends. I could go on but u get the picture...
    But this isn't the entire reAson... I've fallen in love with my best friend. She makes me feel so comfortable and happy. Whenever u know we hug and stuff, I actually enjoy it a lot. We slept at my house recently and we ended up sharing a bed and I just wanted to be with her and I wanted to kiss her and it was just like ah! But u know she has no idea at all.
    I know I have to break up with my boyfriend becAuse I shouldn't lie to him but I don't like to make people upset and I like to keep the peace so I don't know how to do it. He really really likes me and I'm pretty sure he is gonna take it badly.And idk about my best friend because I don't want to lose her or her to be uncomfortable around me (she's not homophobic one bit but if she's not lesbian because I honestly don't know then I don't want to create this elephant in the room) but I can't deny the fact that I'm attracted to her.
    And to add I'm 15
    It keeps cutting off my post this is my first post :slight_smile:

4. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could be a lesbian, or it could be that your boyfriend is just not somebody you're attracted to. From the way you described it, you liked him for who he was personality-wise. Even if you found him to be physically attractive at one point, that doesn't mean you were attracted to him for his looks. Sometimes when you're young, it's hard to tell appreciation from attraction. If you want to break up with him without hurting his feelings, just explain "Hey, you're a really nice guy, but I don't think things are gonna work out." If people ask you why you did it, just say that you weren't attracted to him and knew he deserved something better. Plus, it was your relationship, not theirs, they don't need justification for your actions. Chances are, it'll blow over quickly.

As for your sexuality, try and think about more than just the girl you have a crush on. Are there other girls you find attractive, or do you think girls in general are attractive? What about guys? What is it you like? Could you see yourself falling in love and marrying a girl? A guy? Don't let it overload you, just take some time to think about it and breathe. There's no emergency to figure things out. If you have any other specific questions about your sexuality, don't be afraid to post them here. The people on this site are really good when it comes to sexuality advice. :slight_smile:

5. Polterpup

I know exactly where you're at. I broke off the relationship with my boyfriend a while back. He took it pretty well. Still upset both of us though because the feelings were there. I just didn't feel the attraction, but we are still friends. Also, I've told some of my friends that I'm a lesbian and they don't feel awkward about it. One of them actually kind of made a move, by the way. Of course...I don't do that with my friends.

Anyhoo, I suggest you end the relationship as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the harder it will be. Just try to stay friends with him. Also, if your friend is accepting of gays and lesbians then she shouldn't feel awkward around you. But you should really come out when you feel comfortable. I hope this helps, hun.

6. livelovelaugh

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That same exact thing happened with me and my ex boyfriend and now I have figured out that I am in fact a lesbian. But just because you feel this way does not mean you are a lesbian but it could. It took me 5 years to figure out I was a lesbian (and I am still not 100% sure what I am) so you just have to take some time think about it and even experiment a little. Good luck :icon_bigg