1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People who asks so many questions about your sexuality????

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Wolf123, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There are so many questions people ask. Today someone asked me after finding out I was lesbian how I knew and why do I believe I am? I simply said because I don't see myself with a guy. She then found out about my past with my father and said well maybe its because of that. She then said that how do I know if I have never been with a guy or girl? I just said because I just do. I don't know how to answer people when they ask this because I just feel it. I just feel drawn to women. I want to just be close to a woman and hold her. I just care deeply about some women who I want to care about more than just a friend. I have a difficult time telling people this because it is all about how I feel. Example, I just want to be around crush all the time. I check to see if she is going to be there and if she is wahoo if not I am sad. She has a boyfriend, but I am happy that I can atleast be close to her as a friend :slight_smile:. I also don't want to tell someone well I have fanatasies about women. I just feel dirty explaining this to them.

I then will talk to girls who are also lesbian and are bi and will just say okay. I said that my mom even mentioned that she thought it was because of what my dad may have done (don't remember him doing anything though), but when I explained this to another lesbian she said nope its genetics. Why do lesbian and gay etc people understand this, but these people don't? There is no how did I know crap. It is what it is. Some people just seem to want to ask more questions and at times I just don't know what to say.

2. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Turn the tables on them.
    When did you lose your virginity?

If answered.

Guy or girl?

Most likely answered guy.

Ever tried a woman?

No? Then how do you know your straight?

3. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Some people just can't accept the fact people are very diverse and it's none of their business who you fancy.

I was asked the question multiple times: "Why do you want to be a man?"

First off, I don't want to be a man. I was born in the wrong damn body.

Second of all, I'm already a man.

I take it a little bit easier on people who remark about my gender, but with sexual orientation? There's no excuse. It's pretty rude to question someone's sexuality, and ruder to try to find a reasoning behind it. There is no reasoning. You just... are.

Apologies if my post came off too aggressive. This is a bit of a pet peeve to me.

4. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I definitely will use this tactic.

---------- Post added 20th Jun 2014 at 10:31 PM ----------

No reason to be sorry. I agree it pisses me off too. I spoke to my mom about this and I just told her I am tired of people questioning me, it is just annoying. AND HELL YEAH YOU ARE A MAN!!!!!!!

5. ProtegeMoi

Those that have asked me were usually lgbt and the right kind of "curious" and I don't really mind. Nosy people - the gossips (read - has no life and needs someone else to live through) I either just ignore them or say really sarcastic things. It does get tiring answering the same ?'s over and over.

I like redneck's way of flipping it on them.

6. GeekMonkey

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I usually go with something like: " how did I find out? Well when I found myself masturbating to my cute female French teacher in 6th grade, I kinda figured something might be up."

And as for " how can you know if you've never had sex with .." before I actually had sex I'd always simply go with: " So you didn't know you were straight before you had sex?"
    And " How do you know you're straight if you've never had sex with someone of your own sex? You might enjoy it. "

When I'm feeling especially annoyed ( especially when asked how long i've " had this same-sex attraction thing") I'll say something like: " Oh I just bought it on ebay last week, it was a real bargain and even came with a free dose of pride. I just couldn't resist."

7. TurtleCat

Oh my god, I hate that!

I remember when I used to tell people I was bisexual, I'd always get 20 Questions. "How do you know?" "Have you ever been with a girl before?" etc etc.

To me, it's such a double standard because no one would ask a straight person all that. If someone says they're straight, it's just taken for granted. But suddenly if they're gay or bisexual, it's like they have to "prove it." It's not enough just to be taken at your word. You have to have had all these experiences, relationships, etc. to back it up. It's ridiculous.

8. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

There are too many double standards in regards to sexuality. I think the 'proof' that someone is gay is just when they tell you they are. You don't need to over-analyze and question it people.

Most of these things would be offensive if they were said to straight people

9. PrettyConfused

If you're not too close to the person, you could just mention that you're uncomfortable answering these questions without hurting their feelings. They'll probably apologize immediately and try to change the subject. From then on, just go with the flow.

10. TheFSM

Out Status:
    A few people
    I defenitley think that turning it around is a good way to show how ilittle of thier business and how stupid these questions are.

11. Really

"The same way you know."

12. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Why don't we tell these stupid people to fuck off?

Very polite, I have to admit. :roflmao:

13. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This person was straight even though some people I know say she is bi-curious with the hundred questions lol. Yes I agree it gets tiring having to answer the same questions all the time.

---------- Post added 27th Jun 2014 at 05:56 PM ----------

LOL the teacher and the ebay comment is amazing! :lol::lol::lol:

---------- Post added 27th Jun 2014 at 05:56 PM ----------

I agree.

---------- Post added 27th Jun 2014 at 05:59 PM ----------

Kind of like so what do you straight people do in the room? My favorite, but you are a virgin. My response in my head is well when you were a virgin how did you know you wanted to get closed to the opposite sex?

It is sad.

---------- Post added 27th Jun 2014 at 06:00 PM ----------

I shall.

---------- Post added 27th Jun 2014 at 06:00 PM ----------

I asked my mother the same question haha so I am getting good at that.

---------- Post added 27th Jun 2014 at 06:01 PM ----------

:slight_smile:

---------- Post added 27th Jun 2014 at 06:02 PM ----------

LOL! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:kiss::thumbsup::roflmao::roflmao:frowning2:&&&)(*hug*)(*hug*)

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! Thank you all for your responses. I am happy I am not the only one who gets questioned.

14. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

To be honest, I get sick of the 'you've never tried it so you don't know' response people get. It's actually possible for a person to be gay, experiment with the same sex....and hate it. It could be a number of reasons why such as the person really wasn't their type, the sex was just bad, or they realized they can only enjoy sex in a romantic relationship while casual flings just feel hallow. A gay person could also derive physical pleasure from experimenting with the opposite sex if the person is 'good' in bed, but yet lack an actual attraction to it and mentally don't care for the opposite sex.

Experimenting really proves nothing.

#14 Fallingdown7, Jun 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2014