1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some advice

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Replicant, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Replicant

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm not sure if I have feelings for a friend of mine and I'm not sure if she's interested.
    I've known her for years and we've had a very ambiguous flirtatious friendship from the start. I told her I was attracted to her from the start and she said she was attracted to me but just wanted a physical relationship. I wanted more and she didn't so we agreed to just stay friends. Shortly thereafter she became overtly flirtatious and practically threw herself at me. I was confused by this and didn't really reciprocate because I was trying to be respectful of her just wanting to be friends. I distanced myself because I found myself having feelings for her. She moved away and got a boyfriend and we went years without talking. She found me on fb and we kept in contact. She would post random "thinking of you" type things and suggested we hang out when her boyfriend and her were having problems. We hung out for the first time in years. There was a lot of laughter and eye contact. I noticed she referred to her boyfriend as a friend. I thought seeing her would've maybe made us talk more often but it's still the occasional comment from her. Things went awry in her relationship and I'm not sure if her keeping in contact with me sporadically is just her trying to rekindle a friendship or hinting at something more. I like her a lot and I would love to have something more but does it seem like I'm reading into things?

2. ProtegeMoi

Be careful not to be a rebound if she still has feelings for him or hasn't really broken it off. Im not sure how brash you are but I straight up ask people what they think or if I'm wondering something. I don't like games/if only's/what if's/maybes and so on.

If you're into her and see yourself with her in the future go for it. You can flirt with her or whatever you're comfortable with and see where it goes. Just be on guard a bit, because when things with friends go wrong in a relationship it cuts and cuts and cuts.