1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting more confident?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Phoenix Rising, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Phoenix Rising

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have always struggled with my confidence levels. I am a really nice person with a lot to offer, and I let that show whenever I am dating someone, but lately I can't help but wonder if my low confidence levels are the reason as to why my relationships always seem to fizzle out. I can't say I know for sure where this lack of confidence comes from, but I was bullied throughout most of my years at school, so that could be part of it, I suppose. I really want to find ways to increase my confidence so I don't feel so awkward all the time, but I'm really not sure how I can do that...any suggestions/tips would be very helpful!

2. hoodie boy

Could it be possible that something else is the cause of these unsuccessful relationships? The fact that you are able to actively seek out others and date them shows real confidence. Perhaps you have a specific worry that's keeping you from investing in a potential partner: a fear of rejection or commitment?
    If you're positive that confidence is the issue, then practice should help. Strike up conversations with people (regardless of your interest in them). Try new things, meet new people, and work on your conversation skills.

3. Acm

Acm Guest

I've heard that one of the best ways to get confident is to just fake it until it's real. Practice more confident body language and say positive things about yourself, hopefully that will help

4. Phoenix Rising

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm finding the issue is more along the lines of they lose interest in me or get bored of me...or perhaps are not as ready for commitment as they thought they were...I usually wear my heart on my sleeve and am trusting...perhaps too trusting...I put my all into it, and then it blows up in my face, and I guess I'm trying to figure out why this always seems to be a trend with me. :\

5. LonestarConnie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all