1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difficult questions advise

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Colorful13, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Colorful13

Okay so I came here for advise about my grandparents before but this is an internal crisis. My grandma doesn't really understand my 'choices'. How do I answer something like this? "Why is it a few months ago you wore the dress I bought you?" or "Why is it you wore girl cloths for 13 years"? how do you answer these questions or any thing similar to this?

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly?

"Why is it a few months ago you wore the dress I bought you?"

Because it'd be rude not to.

"Why is it you wore girl cloths for 13 years?"

Because if I didn't, people would suspect something, and because I was too busy denying who I was to actually care.

Obviously, if you're surrounded by people who insist you're a girl and how you "would grow up to be such a nice young lady" you would think your feeling male is perfectly OK, fine, natural, and a normal desire. It doesn't matter that you felt all weird inside when someone called you gendered terms and it definitely doesn't mean anything if you really, really, REALLY wish it would all stop and that people would finally see you as male...!

Yeah, nah.

Of course, it's different for different trans people, but that was my poor attempt at internet sarcasm. It was really effective, wasn't it?

In any case, that's my own responses to those questions, but it'll be different for everyone, since there are emotional and personal reasons for each.

3. Colorful13

Also, when I was eight people would call me a boy and i would always deny it because I was scared. She asked why would I deny it if that is who i was but I didnt realize this until a year ago or so. How will I do this also. Sorry for my constant complaints and questions.

4. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Pretty much what you said. Because you were scared. Scared of disappointment, bullying, hatred. It's a pretty common feeling. I think I was the same way.