1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting control of myself

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by DancingGirl, Jun 24, 2014.

1. DancingGirl

I am going back to work today after long vacation. I have to resist temptation to talk to my tigger crush. I need to get it together before I can really be around her. My emotions run wild when I am near her. I havent come out really yet and am still married. I need to come out to my husband and figure out that part of my life. My two girls make me hestitate.
    Its just so hard to not talk to her or be around her. Thats all I seem to want. This isnt new either. Two years I have been trying to forget about her. Recently I told her we cant talk anymore. She is in a LTR too. She is in love with me too. Which makes all of this harder. But she has chosen to stay with her girlfriend. I understand that and am trying to respect that. Its just so hard not to want her. We shared alot. Nothing really physical mostly emotional. We did alot of crying together.
    So everyone I just need some kind words and support. I will be checking this throughout the day. Help me stand my ground. Thanks and love you all.:bang:

2. DancingGirl

I had so hoped for more support. 30 views and not a single "stand your ground". This isnt easy. I feel obsessed by this girl. She is my drug. So hard to not look at her. To want to hear her voice. Ugh!

3. lovely lesbian

I feel for you hun i don't really have any advice.

#3 lovely lesbian, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  4. thecarpenter

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just remember that emotions and feelings are temporary. You may love her now but a) you are in a relationship and b) so is she, so at the moment those feelings shouldn't be acted upon. You say she is like a drug, well drugs make people do silly things so you are going to have to break the addiction until you have sorted out your own relationship. Think about how you want to look back on this situation in future years, did you do your best to be honest and loyal to those who you committed to, or did you give in to the temptations? It's very hard and love is an intoxicating and overwhelming feeling. You are in a difficult situation and I empathize with you. Your brain is probably in a tug of war with your heart at the moment so be strong and take one day at a time.

5. Theron

You may want to aim for the "coming out later in life" section because there are more people who visit that part of the forum who are in your situation-married, kids, questioning.

As for people who have viewed and not posted--there is any variety of reasons why they may not have posted. Maybe they feel they don't have any advice and don't want to waste your time with that.

6. DancingGirl

Thank you. I just needed some encouragement. Something to get me through.
    I will stick to the later in life group.