1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official diagnosis. Kind of expected.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Aptiva, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Aptiva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's been a while since I last posted here. Actually it's been a while since I even last visited the site. I was just trying to sleep and something I was thinking about made me think about this site.

Well, I'm back, kinda. And guess what? Sucky news.

Last week I got diagnosed with clinical depression and an anxiety disorder. Probably explains my pathetic posts. Whatever. These meds I'm on work wonders. I only need them when I feel trashy. They don't seem to make me drowsy though. I stay up way too late.

2. Nick07

I hope you will also find someone who you can talk to about your problems. Hopefully one day you can be all right without the supporting meds.

But I am glad you are feeling better now (*hug*)

3. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    Well, here's some not so sucky news - you're still alive! You have a huge life ahead of you. It will almost certainly get better. Being a teenager sucks.

4. Sig

Sig

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So true.
    Good luck, growth, love and happiness to you Aptiva . . . Oh, and welcome back.
    (*hug*)

5. DangerAlex

I suffered from those as well and assumed they were totally unrelated. Then I was diagnosed with cyclothymia and it all finally made sense. An accurate diagnosis made treatment exponentially more effective. I don't feel like I'm possessed by a mere shade of myself anymore and I feel my emotional response to everyday stimuli is healthy.

Happy that you are seeking help and treatment for your problems. I'm very pro-therapy, assuming it's provided by someone who knows what they're doing and has a good relationship with you.

6. Aptiva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I'm glad I've got this medication, it makes me feel so much better. It actually makes me excited like I'm anticipating something awesome.

7. Aptiva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Holy crap do these medications ever make me happy wow

8. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

Yay! I'm glad you're feeling well, friend! Be sure to keep checking in with your doctor, always keep those appointments and never get discouraged even when it's hard not to. It's incredible what finding the "right" medication can do for individuals suffering from problems, and I would encourage skeptics of medications to experience the before and after differences!

9. Aptiva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It seems now that I also have an inferiority complex. Super! :dry: