1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's happening

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by wontwalkblindly, Jun 25, 2014.

1. wontwalkblindly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can feel myself starting to like my friend... Who I'm out to, and she's accepting...but she's straight. And I hate it.
    I always joke around with my friends about "being in love with them." Cuz I'm weird like that. But we always just laugh about it/it stays a joke. But with the girl... I don't know. I really like her. During last semester we would talk on the phone for 2+ hours every few days. We got really close. But only as friends.
    I don't want to like her because: she's straight; it's my own rule that I don't date friends; and therefore I can't do anything about my crush; even if I broke my rule and she turned out to be queer also, and we dated...it probably wouldn't last because we are so young, etc. and then our friendship would be messed up which I DO NOT want.
    I never thought I would have this problem but it's happening and I don't what it to.
    I know you can't stop liking someone but I just..... I really wish you could.

2. GeekMonkey

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh dear I know that feel.
    Met this girl, we became great friends fast, talked on the phone every day, met up regularly....
    Then I fell in love with her.
    Fast forward she doesn't want to be my friend anymore, and I'm still madly in love with her, constantly thinking about her, wishing she were here with me.

Just be careful with what you do and say, or else you might end up like me.

We don't get to choose whom we fall in love with, but we can choose to hide it if it's the more sensible thing to do. I probably should've.