1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this normal when getting over rejection ?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by stocking, Jun 28, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ok so I ended up meeting this girl and she seems like she's not interested and what not ,
    Now there are days where I feel good like i'm moving on or on my way to moving on then other days I'll think about her and I'll miss her still want her and be crying about not getting her :tears:. It's like my emotions are crazy .
    I decided to no longer contact her or anything and I hadn't since but it's getting hard to get over her but is this normal when people are moving on ?:confused::help:
    Sometimes I feel like I don't want to be with her anymore like when I first did upon meeting her but it's just like man I really miss her you know but if she came back and said I want you I don't really think I would get with her .

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say it's very normal to feel the way you do when someone you invested interest in doesn't return the feelings.

At the same time, it's important to understand that a relationship is a two-way street, and if one person doesn't feel what the other does, the relationship will likely fail.

It sounds like you two met, talked, and then she decided that she wasn't interested in a relationship, which truly may have been for the better. That way you didn't have time to grow attached to her and feel even more devastated when it didn't work out.

There are plenty of fish out there. You'll find someone. :slight_smile:

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks TJ:icon_bigg

4. BethLauren

It's totally normal to feel that way. It's really hard when someone you like doesn't like you back, but unfortunately it's part of life :frowning2:

I get that it can feel a bit back and forth sometimes. One day, you feel like you're moving forward... The next, it feels like you're back where you started. It really does suck.

But just give yourself time. Eventually, you'll move on completely and maybe even meet someone better!