1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it slutty to date more than one girl ?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by stocking, Jun 29, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I was thinking instead of just focusing on just one girl , I will date several that way I can pick a woman that's best for me but I'm worried that the other women I'm with will get jealous and think i'm slutty . Another problem is sometimes I end up liking people very fast but I'm worried if I like too many girls who would I pick stuff or if I get bored to fast .
    I hadn't met any women yet to date but I'm wondering if this is a better way .

2. Najlen

I think that if they all know that you are still testing the waters and not ready to commit to one partner yet, then that would be fine.

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Because I don't want one girl seeing me on another date with another woman and thinking she's such a slut .

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't believe that having multiple partners is absolutely immoral anyway, so I'm going to go with no. As long as everyone's happy, no harm done.

5. PharmGirl

Out Status:
    A few people
    Agree with what's been said. If you're honest about it, there should be no problem. In recent years, it seems as if casual dating has been done away with and everybody is looking for a serious relationship on the first date now, so I get why you'd be worried. However, it's not wrong to test the waters and meet a bunch of girls.

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I mean like just dating before you decided to get a girlfriend and then you pick one of the girls out of the girls you dated to be your girlfriend

7. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course, that sounds pretty normal to me. I would guess that's common.

8. Yosia

Many people go on several dates before choosing. ^.^

9. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To me yes I wouldn't date someone so was sleeping with so many people,
    It causes red flags . Such as they probably have an std,they're not trustworthy,my credit ability will go down and I'm not good enough for them.

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm not having sex with any of them just going on dates like dinners and what not , the only person I will sleep with is the girl I choose to be my girlfriend .
    This is why I don't like going on dates with more than one person because people think your sleeping with them :icon_sad:

11. Lipstick Leuger

Just be honest and tell then you are 'dating around currently'. That way, no one will get hurt nor will anyone expect more from you. That is how I met my wife. I dated many women for a bit, no sex, but just getting to know women, and I picked her(just like a Pokemon, I choose you! LOL)

12. BelleFromHell

Meh, it's not for me. While I certainly want to hang out with other queer women as friends, I don't like the idea of dating more than one at a time.

Of course, it's your life, and as long as you aren't getting into several serious relationships at a time, I don't see why you can't.

13. GeekMonkey

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't see anything wrong with it, casual dates are just that - casual dates.

14. Hexagon

Nothing is slutty. There's no such thing as a slut, it's a misogynistic myth.

Basically, do what you like. Date multiple girls if you like, but once things get serious, either stick to one, or agree to make the relationship poly.

15. Emkorora

Emkorora Guest

I would not date someone who was courting multiple others. To me, it resembles a competition and romance should never be reduced to that. Nor would I date someone who had a history of doing so-- the past speaks of our character.

Nonetheless, I would not go so far as to call it "slutty." Unless sex is involved, then it's an entirely separate issue that could be called promiscuous, cheap, and undignified.

16. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    :icon_sad:

17. BelleFromHell

I agree with you. I don't think there's anything wrong with dating a few women at a time as long as there's nothing serious yet.

THAT DOES IT. I'm sending you friend request. :icon_bigg

18. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    No, that is not slutty, that is being efficient... Finding the right person is a hard task, nothing wrong with making it easier. If you look around and pay attention you will realize that most people are not married to the "person of their dreams" but instead they settled for someone who was kind of nice, kind of attractive, kind of dateable... That is because is difficult to find someone who you really like that also really likes you and is single while you are single, and is also hard to wait and wait and resist the temptation of comforming for someone who is not "the right person", all while people ask you the most annoying question "so, do you have a girlfriend/boyfriend?" All while feeling insecure about your singleness...

So you see, dating is not easy, so...why not making it a bit easier by meeting new people frquently and spending time with them in orther to increase your chances by playing a number game? Specially if you are not sleeping with them (althought i dont think there is anything bad with sleeping with people except for the increased risk of STDs)

Good luck, and dont worry too much about others opinions :slight_smile:

19. wanderinggirl

Go stocking!!! I'm happy for your dating success.

But seriously honesty is key. When you're first dating, there's no contract. But at some point you should have the "so are we exclusive?" talk.

And there's no reason to assume these women aren't dating around themselves.

20. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks wondering girl your right their probably dating around too