1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hating sports but longing to be in them

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Water lover, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Water lover

Water lover Guest

First of all this doesn't really have any lgbt signifigence but I like you guys so I'll complain some lol. As some of you may or may not know I go to a very small school. This I see as a very bad thing. One of the reason's for this is sports. I love playing sport's but I decided to take a break from ALL of them this year for a couple of reason's. First off I pretty much suck at every kind of sport (football, baseball, basketball, wresting). I will still continue to play sports even if I am bad at them (Once I sign up I am one of the most dedicated kids there). The issue is that well the kids playing sports. Mabye it is just me but it seems like they are all so immature I can't handle it. I am not even out yet and I hide it as hard as I can around school but I still get made fun of for being a nerd and such. I know all of the kids in my school and they all know me. This means that everyone pretty much plays sports and everyone plays every sport. I want to play sports but at my school it isn't any fun because all of the kids. I guess my question is how do you go about dealing with immature ass's and still have fun. I hate not doing anything physical like it;s making me so sedentary it's not even fun. How do you make it were your accepting just in general at school I have known all of these kids sense I was like 4 but they just pretend to like me. I don't know what to do moving schools is out of the question because the nearest one (I want to go there sooooo bad) is 45 minutes away.

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I doubt I'll be any help with this :astonished: but yeah, organized sports tend to attract douchebags for whatever reason. Type-A competitive personalities maybe. But like you, I liked playing so dealt with it. Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is prove your worth to the team.

If you can't and/or that doesn't work, call them out. There's no need for kids to randomly make fun of others unchecked. Once they see you won't take their crap, there's a good chance they'll leave you alone.