1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worried about college... (Acceptance, not lgbt issue)

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by StillHere, Jun 30, 2014.

1. StillHere

I don't have anywhere else to really post this but I am getting more and more worried about my future in terms of college acceptance with my academics and such. I know a lot of you are in mid 20's and May have had some recent experience.

Let me just sum up what I have done as an incoming junior.

Freshmen: all academic courses, electives where all stepping stones to get into electives with prerequisites. Got a average of ~85. Mostly B's, one or two C's.

Sophomore: honors geometry and biology. Got B's in both of those. Rest academic classes that I got high B's or A's. One C. I also took intro to programming as well as Web Design I and II which I excelled in due to interest, all A's there.

What I signed up for junior year: AP Computer Science and academic everything else. With a couple extra electives such as personal finance and marketing.

I also have tons of volunteer hours and did freshmen soccer.

I'm worried that I'm not excelling enough to get into college. Should I meet with my counselor to do maybe honors Algebra II or something? I feel as if I might be underworking myself and colleges will see that. I also don't want a harder class to ruin my grades and such, but I feel as if I went on to do academic courses I would not be successful.

In senior I plan on dropping social studies and doing a regular math and science class along with AP stats and Astronomy (just because it is interesting). I'm not sure about honors/academic there though.

If my experience is crap, please tell me because I really want to go to a decent college. I plan on doing specifically plan to double in college for graphic design and computer science (web design hopefully).

And experience/tips/insight helps, thank you <3

2. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are doing more than twice what I did while I was in highschool and I about to graduate with my Master's. You will get into a school, and a good one at that. You also have a lot of experience from your high school and that is going to look great on an application.