1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So my homophobic pastor wants to hang out with me

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by stocking, Jul 3, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This morning I was woken up by my mom and forced to talk to the pastor on the phone , he kept saying how he wants to see me and asking if this was my number which was my house number he called me on . He is very sexist and homophobic besides that he can be a decent person but I want nothing to do with him he kept asking me my work schedule
    to find out but I just kept telling him I'm really busy . When I was a teenager I was pretty much a loner even though I had a lot of friends and didn't go anywhere because of my social anxiety and he still sees me that way which I'm not anymore and I go out sometimes even though most of the time it's by myself . But he wants to get close to and i guess have some influence in my life and I want nothing to do with him . I'm at a point in my life where I no longer feel ashamed of my sexuality and I feel good about it and love being who I am but I when I use to go to his church which I was forced to my mom had brought her gay friend to the church and he then told my mom " Don't bright that gay in my church , I don't support their life styles I can't have that person in here and I don't want anything to do with them , I like them as a person but I can't stand the way they live "
    And i know if he gets to know the adult me he's either gonna not want anything to do with me or which i'm pretty sure he's gonna try to change me force his religious goons on me to try to you know "turn me straight " and I know i'll be forced to do go to church do bible stuff , Which I did a lot as a child on my own free will and I'm still a lesbian and I loved church back then . I don't need this Bs in my life and i"m not going back when I was depressed and almost felt like killing myself , I want to enjoy my life and Love myself for once and be done with all the self hate . How the hell do i get this man off my back and out of my life , it doesn't help that my parents are forcing him on me . Because now they hate me for being independent and standing up for myself because they liked me better when I was their puppet .

2. Gen

Gen

You are very much an adult and have no obligation to spend time on anyone other than those you choose. I would be honest and tell him that you are uncomfortable with meeting up with him and you are very content with the way your life is going without his influence.

3. tulipinacup

Wow. I think he's made it clear that his purpose is in talking to you is to just simply make you change in what he thinks is "godly". Gen is right, you are an adult and you have the right to decline to anyone who makes you feel uncomfortable to.

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with Gen. Talking to him not help you at all, it will hurt you instead. You are an adult, so you have every right to tell him that you don't want to meet with somebody who wants to change you.

5. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with the above statements. Please do not meet with him if you do not want to, it will be more pain than healing. Trust, I did and it hurt more than I can explain.

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    He doesn't know I'm a lesbian but he will find out and I rather end it before he starts trying to change me . You guys are right though I need to tell him I don't want to meet him and not meet up with him .

#6 stocking, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  7. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I would highly recommend that you do not meet with him. You don't want to be around people like that, and I think you have a pretty good reason. You can keep making excuses, or you can just tell him you don't want to. Nobody should be able to force you to do Bible stuff either, there is a concept called freedom of religion.

8. lovely lesbian

I Would not meet him at all he sounds like if he found out he would try and change you so don't do it.

9. MistressSurya

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yup, as everybody else said - don't agree to continue contact with him. I just broke away from the Christian paradigm myself, and honestly, even the nicest & most tolerant church people can't seem to help themselves from trying to "save your soul", let alone a guy like this who is obviously hateful of the LGBT community.

I hate to say it, but you are likely going to have a rough road ahead with your parents as well. As they are allowing this pastor to force himself on you, when you are a full grown adult, it says a lot about their acceptance of you - and it's not that encouraging.

Be strong and don't let any of them bully you around - this is YOUR life and they are not allowed to have any say in it! (*hug*)

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you guys , Your all right I shouldn't meet up or contact him I'm denfinately going to make some excuses to avoid him the sad part is he knows where I live now but I'm not going to hang out with him , this will only drive me back to depression and back into the closet and I've gotten so much better and came so far you know , I came out to all my friends so they know I'm a lesbian and I went to my first gay bar by myself this year that's a huge mile stone and I want to do more and more . I don't want to go back where I was so lonely and depressed and even hating myself . You guys are so right I'm gonna take a stand , :icon_sad: nothing good is gonna come from me seeing him or spending time with him . thank you guys so much (*hug*)