1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mental Help

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by kyfry, Jul 3, 2014.

1. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay so I just got spent a week in the hospital in the psych unit for my anxiety, depression and suicidal thoughts. The problem, I wasnt ready to leave. My insurance wouldnt cover another day and I cant afford to pay out of pocket. Im scared of what may happen. I dont really want to kill myself, I just cant deal with everything right now. I just dont know what to do. What do I do now?

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Have you tried, medication or talking your thoughts out with others?

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow... I'm Really sorry that your insurance is causing you problems. The first thing that I would do is to try to file an appeal with them. If you can make them believe that it is medically necessary, they will cover it for you. In the mean time, are you seeing anybody outside of the hospital for this? If you are, I would try to get in to see them as soon as possible so that they can evaluate you and hopefully get things squared around with the insurance. Also. If you are feeling suicidal, you could try calling one of the countless hotlines out there. I hope that things start to get better for you soon :slight_smile:

4. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have love and support outside of the hospital. I also am taking several medications. Im trying to look into outpatient support but at this point I feel like Im in need of inpatient. Im scared, im depressed and spent all day crying. I was so pissed about having to leave that before I left I threw a cup of water at one of the windows of my hospital room, which is so unlike me as Im not a person who shows anger, or gets pissed off easily.

5. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm glad you got angry, it's a sign you are starting to take control of the situation. :slight_smile: You sound like you definitely need continued treatment. I was fortunate enough to have several months of closely monitored treatment after my suicide attempt and at the time I felt like I needed every bit of it so I understand where you are coming from. I had to stop the meds because the side effects were killing me. That made the therapy go a lot slower and made the process generally more difficult I think but where there's a will there's a way. Even after I became functional again I still had issues and hit a few potholes that made me go back for some minor adjustments a few times but I never felt anywhere near as bad as I did when I first started the therapy. Things may seem really unmanageable to you right now and I'm sure you've been told this is the worst of it and it will get better. I just hope you can believe it. You may not be able to get the best treatment for yourself but there is more than one way to skin this cat. You just have to stay strong and keep taking your meds. Spend some time working at a food bank, soup kitchen, habitat for humanity, etc. Doing things for others is always great therapy for yourself. Good luck, I hope to hear from you again.

6. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks Monraffe

7. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey, is there any other family member you could ask to pay if the insurance is over? It sounds like you were getting help there
    Failing that a review of meds - how long since that was reviewed ?

Keep coming to EC ... To quote your sig: "We're pulling for you. We're all in this together."

8. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My family supports me but Im on my own for medical payments. I was getting so much help in there. I started my new medications while I was in there. I just feel like I have absolutely no emotion. It sucks. I hanging in there but If things dont improve soon I may be back in there.