1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how did u knew u were bi?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by larama, Jul 3, 2014.

1. larama

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    hello people, I wanted to know how and when you guys found themselves bisexual, I'm 17, I was never effeminate, always been interested in girls, but a while I started to feel attracted to my friend (best friend for as you can see in this post forum which I did http://emptyclosets.com/forum/famil...t-friend-i-dont-know-what-do.html#post2138159) who is 21 years. Both emotionally and physically attracted! Type I even had the desire to kiss him!

2. BreezyB

If you've never had any attraction to males before then I think you might just be curious but no one knows your sexuality but you. I knew I was gay because no matter how hard I tried to fight it when I was younger I was just always attracted to boys and not girls

#2 BreezyB, Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First I liked girls, and starting around middle school age I slowly started to like boys. And a decade later, while I'm not gender-blind (I usually like each sex for different reasons) it is pretty darn equal so there's no doubt about it.

4. ShadowsRunner

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow you pretty much took the words right out of my mouth, around 11/12 when I started middle school I began to start having feelings for guys, especially my best friend. While I still have feelings for girls I much more prefer guys.

5. lovetoomuch

I actually met someone online who had the same feelings as you. He has always seen himself as straight, but fell for his best friend who is a guy. You may be questioning and you may never know your orientation until you actually pursue something with a guy.

Personally, I am not effeminate. I was in denial when I first realized I was attracted to guys. I tried to convince myself it was a phase, but I have learned it is not. I came out to one friend as bisexual, but I am fairly certain I'm gay. I have never done anything with a guy, but I can tell based on who I'm attracted to.

6. LetsLaugh

Out Status:
    All but family
    Well, for me the answer to that is a little odd :/. Ever since I was little, maybe even seven or eight, I thought being gay/lesbian was a choice. See where this is going? Anyway, by the time I was around eleven, I thought I had 'chose' to be straight. I completely ignored my attraction to other girls. But around a year later, things started to come together. And now I'm (mostly) out of the closet, and am proud to say that I'm pansexual. :slight_smile: BTW, only ever ahem, 'liking' one person of the same sex doesn't nesecerally mean you're only bi-curious, it could well mean that, well, you're a bit of a demi. :slight_smile: Just a thought.

7. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I went through stages. And I think it's finally making sense now. It all started when I was very young. I think around 10 or 11. I didn't know what it was at the time, but I've always become kind of obsessed with my female friends. I got jealous when they spoke to other girls or to boys and I just wanted to be near them the whole time.

I ignored those feelings. Around the age of 15 or 16 I got curious and I asked my friend's lesbian sister what it feels like to kiss other women. So she showed me :wink: Not too long following that kiss, I started dating a girl. We never kissed unfortunately but things were kind of confusing. We broke up not too long into the relationship, because she couldn't handle the negativity of the other people regarding "us". After the break up I pushed aside my same-sex attractions and for the years following that I only dated boys. That was, until I met my ex. We met through a dating site and we decided to meet in person. It was love at first sight. We ended the date with a quick peck on the lips (a little forward of me but she came back for more). We had a few more dates and then decided to make it official. This was about 2 - 3 years ago. I have to admit, I'm still not completely over her. I think about her a lot and miss her. We no longer have any contact so I can't even call to hear how she's doing

Well, I'm again going through a "girl phase" and I now realize my true sexuality. So yeah, that's the long story of how I came to realize I am bi :lol:

8. black-cat

I realised I was bi when I watching TV and I found both of the people on screen (sexually) attractive, a boy and a girl. I could always see myself with a boy, romantically. Being with a girl romantically didn't occur to me until a few months ago, when I figured I might (still in denial) be in love with my female best friend. It looks like we are in a similar boat. *hugs

9. Kenzie

I guess I always kind of knew, I just ignored my attraction to girls and convinced myself it was normal for a straight girl. When I was around 16 I realized it was more than just finding other girls pretty but I didn't fully accept it so I went right back to ignoring it. It wasn't until this past year that I really accepted the fact that I was bi.

10. DarkDreamer

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning

This sounds so similar to what I'm going through! Thought I was the only one!