1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you deal with a terrible LGBT community?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by CyanChachki, Jul 4, 2014.

1. CyanChachki

Before I wrote it off as just being busy. I find out that not only did they not call me to be a part of drag night but they lied about calling me, the head guy who puts on drag night seems frustrated with me, texting me ON the night of drag night.. Like I am so done right now. I just feel completely ostracized right now and I've done nothing wrong to anyone. Like I don't know how to take it all in anymore.

I'm trying so hard just to be okay with it and happy and my sister even said " Well, it's not like it's not going to happen next year.." She has a point, but that's not why I'm upset. I have played goose chase with these people for a month and a half and they seemed to welcome me with open arms but then it was like both of them where gone in a flash and none of them responded to me, the guy who runs everything didn't respond to me and then I get this random text tonight that was apparently from two days ago, obviously the guy who runs drag night.. and he says that I didn't pick up my phone? Uh no. I got one call from an obvious telemarketer on my cell and I checked daily on my home phone.. no one by his name or initial who called.. so what do they want me to say?

To have the audacity to text me ON the night.. Like I realize that it was a little close but I had the same email, I had everything down, the email did not work it said that there was an error to a wrong address I've tried many times, MANY times and it didn't work. I've tried messaging others.. like it's all just stupid. For some reason, they just became somehow unsupportive like I was trying to hurt them in some way. I just can't deal with it anymore cause I just feel like now some kind of rumor is going to fly around and rumors here go fast.

I really don't know what to do anymore. Lately, I've been feeling fairly unaccepted and I don't know how to take it. Pride is the only time of year where I can feel like myself and dress how I want without worrying about being hurt. Now, I'm not so sure.

PS.. to those who are reading this, I realize that I've been a bit negative over the past few weeks and I am truly sorry, I'm just having a really hard time with all this LGBT pride stuff. It may not seem like something to worry about but it does effect me quite badly.

2. AKTodd

If I'm understanding your post correctly, this is involving only 2-3 people (you mention 'both of them' and then 'the guy who runs everything' - not sure if he is one of the both). So I wouldn't consider their behavior as being representative of the entire community in your area (which I presume consists of more than just the 3-4 of you).

Regarding the specific situation, I would suggest that either as a way of resolving this situation or for future reference moving forward - nothing really beats a face-to-face conversation. Treat it as an unfortunate misunderstanding or crossed wires or technology failure, talk it out and figure out a way for everyone to hopefully do better next time.

Hope this helps,

Todd

3. CyanChachki

I didn't exactly explain everything so I guess that was more my fault. I assumed that because I've been talking about it so much that a lot of people here just simply knew. I've tried making friends in my own community and no matter how hard I try or how nice I am, people just don't want to be friends with me. I have done everything I could, asked if I could hang out, do stuff and they end up giving me excuses and it really bothers me. I don't know where it comes from and yes, some of them stay as either facebook friends but that's really about it.

Though I suppose I should apologize to them and explain to them what happened on my side so that we don't have a tiff tomorrow.