1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who do you go to?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by lovetoomuch, Jul 4, 2014.

1. lovetoomuch

This is a question directed more at other people in the closet. I feel like all humans have times when they want to talk about relationships and things of that nature. Sometimes I want to talk to someone about how lonely I feel or how I actually fear being alone forever. My problem is I don't really have many people to talk to about all of this. Only one of my friends knows about me being bisexual (even though I'm pretty sure I'm gay). However, I feel bad bothering her all the time with my feelings and concerns. None of my other friends know about my sexual orientation, so I obviously can't talk to them about these things.

In my last post, I told my story of finally coming out to my crush and telling him about my feelings for him. I'm glad I did it and I believe I'm in the process of moving on. Nonetheless, it was still really rough getting rejected and it would be nice to have someone to talk to about it. I asked my friend (who knows I like guys) if I should I come out to my crush. She said she didn't think it was a good idea and she has no clue I actually did it. I don't want her to feel like I disregarded her opinion, so I will probably never tell her that I came out to him.

I have used apps like Kik to meet other guys and I have met some nice guys, but most of the guys are horny and not looking to talk. I really don't want to go back to using that app ever again because it does nothing for me.

Sorry for all the rambling. But basically my question is: Other people in the closet, who do you confide in when you want to talk about things such as your relationship life? Even if you are out as gay or bisexual, I would love to hear your advice. Thanks :slight_smile:

2. hoodie boy

I'm gay, in the closet, and have only come out to one close friend. Like you, I feel guilty about bothering her for advice and have started to look for ways to meet other people who I can talk to. Several weeks ago, I attended a local LGTB Pride meeting. It was fun, casual, and I met several people my age. Try looking for something similar in your community, if possible (hopefully you'll be able to form some strong relationships with people you'll eventually be able to confide in).
    I would also suggest that you talk to your friend about your decision to confront your crush. It was your choice to make, and confiding in her will only serve to strengthen your friendship.
    Hope this helps.

3. thekillingmoon

No one in real life, sometimes online on a forum. I'm surrounded by straight people in real life and no close friends. Sometimes it can be very depressing.

4. birdking

my best friend Jake! I just dump all my problems on him, poor dude.

He's straight but he's really openminded and he's the only person that will joke about queer stuff with me without it being offensive. I trust him a lot but sometimes I feel guilty about complaining too much or whatever.

5. BreezyB

I know exactly what you're going through I used to have the same problem but if you ever need someone to talk to you can message me on kik my account is breezyb0 you can dump all your problems on me

6. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, the whole point of this forum is to give you a place to talk, vent and get support.

Many of the people on here are in exactly the same place as you and many of us have been there. So, if you don't have people to talk to, bring it here. That's what it's all about. :slight_smile:

7. PotatoSmuggler

I've only come out to my dad as trans and the fact he hasn't accepted it made me too scared to try and come out to anyone else.

8. girlpower

Well! this is one my concerns and was bugging me for quite sometime. it gets a little depressing sometimes when you dont have someone to share your feelings. as i am not out at all to anyone i just wish sometimes i had the guts to tell my friends. but anyway.. i dont let this ruin my mood all the time.. so i am happy to be here and share my feelings or at least talk to like minded people about usual stuff. but yes i believe it'l be good to be a part of a lgbt support group where you can find/meet people and make friends.

9. Silas

I'm in the same boat, still in the closet for the most part, don't know anyone who's gay, always just kept that stuff to myself and don't really have a lot of people I can talk to in person about it... I'm always worried if I open up to someone that it'll somehow end up getting back to my family and there's gonna be a lottt of drama when they find out. My only source for support so far is online friends, so being on forums like this one has been a big help for me.

10. 101DeadRoses

I feel guilty, because I go to my mum. I know many of you have trouble with your family, and I'm sorry that I can't lend you my mom, so I'm sorry if it upset you.
    But I do go to my mom.

11. Tudor

I'm out to some...but still don't feel I can really confide in them about how I'm feeling...I tend to write it all down...blog it...but you don't get the two way conversation you need...just a release of pent up emotions...it seems like many people on here are in the same boat...no one to talk to...to share stuff with without fear of rejection...

12. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    When I was in the closet I spoke to my counselor because she was the first one to ask me after knowing me for several years. She just listened without judging which helped. I still see her and she is helping me try to be more open to life experiences. I have done a lot of stuff I would have never done....gone out with friends and actually have a few people from work find out who said okay. To be honest, I haven't gotten the negative reactions that I expected. Even my religious grandma said she had an idea and still loved me for me.

13. lovetoomuch

Thank you for all the responses! It is nice to know I'm not alone and I will definitely consider all the possibilities. Thanks again!