1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Successful long distance stories?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by SensesFailX, Jul 5, 2014.

1. SensesFailX

I've been in a long distance relationship for 6 months and although it is absolutely GREAT, it can be hard sometimes. My boyfriend is extremely scared of flying out to see me, and even if he did we couldn't do anything because we'd have to try and hide it and theres no way for me to get out of the house.
    This basically means that I have to wait until I graduate high school and college which could be between 3 and 5 years :/ Being stuck in a long distance relationship for that long is gonna be sooo hard even though its great... I just need to hear some stories of them lasting that long for inspiration

2. Yosia

My friend fell in love with an irish girl (i know its not too far but still about 7+ hours) about 4 years ago and they are still going really strong! They meet like every month and he invited me and one of her friends to a theme park woth them and it was really fun. They did fall out for about 2 months but they got back together and they really love eachother. ^.^

I hope it goes just as well, if not better for you!! ^.^

3. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Long distance relationships are really hard. I think the important thing is communication. As long as you have something to talk about, then that definitely helps. There are also a lot of great long-distance date ideas. My girlfriend and I like to watch movies "together." We pick a movie, pick a start time, and then text each other.

I've been dating my girlfriend for eight months and we've only been able to meet in person once. Right now I'm only an hour away from her so it's not even that long-distance, but she can't drive at all and I don't have a car so that makes things difficult. When I'm at uni it's impossible because then I'm eight hours away. She actually plans to go to Japan for three years starting next fall. The idea scares the hell out of me but I know we'll have a lot to talk about.

My ex-roommate has been in a LDR for three years with her boyfriend. It's only really long-distance when she's at uni. They struggle with it a lot but I think that's also because their relationship didn't start with long-distance. My girlfriend dated a girl for two years before me that lived in Europe and she says they only broke up because neither of them were willing to ever move to the other's country.