1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surrogacy

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by darth vader, Jul 6, 2014.

1. darth vader

I'd like to hear your thoughts regarding surrogacy. Ethical concerns, practicality of such, etc. Why or why would you not go for it? Considering you like kids as part of your family. Healthy arguments and explanations are welcome but please avoid bashing, condescending and berating posts. TIA :icon_wink

2. poetofdarkness

if (later in life, obviously) i met a chic and settled down and she wanted kids and she was able to change my mind i'd go for it. but at the moment when i think about my future i don't see any children whatsoever.

3. Greeley

I've always loved the idea of being a Dad to a little daughter or son. But ever since my older brothers and sisters have kids and all my friends and their friends are having kids and now im just being mauled by kids whenever i go to see them. I'm starting to dislike the idea of having my own kids. I'm quite content with being the awesome/cool gay uncle that is fun and loving and will be the one to pick them up from parties when they are older when they are drunk and not tell there mum about it. And have them come to me when they want advice or when they can't talk to their mum and dad about things.

If i did want a kid, i would want it to be my OWN, my own flesh and blood and i know that would be hard considering i know my partner would want it to be his aswell. But we have both come to terms with not minding about having kids. At least not now ahah.

4. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay so my opinion may be kind of strange, but here it goes.....

I'm a lesbian, so when I want to have kids there's going to be two people who have the option of carrying the baby. I would like it if I could kind of be the surrogate mom and use my girlfriends eggs to have a baby. One of the reasons for this is my family has a lot of health issues and I don't want my kid to end up like that. Besides with one person sort of being the surrogate mom in a relationship it makes the baby more a part of both of you. At least that's how I look at it.

5. Hyaline

We want kids, but haven't gotten to the point where we seem to be ready. Given that we are getting close to 40, it is becoming more and more of a concern that we are running short on time. I would like to do what the couple in Texas did where they did two embryos in the same surrogate. (They are the couple that are fighting the courts to adopt each others biological child). I figure if one is tough, two will be worse, but it will allow us to have two and not have to waste time...

I would like to know that the mother would be a good match for us. But so far we haven't looked into it beyond just a casual conversation....