1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay but touching guys freaks me out?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by SensesFailX, Jul 6, 2014.

1. SensesFailX

I've only had one experience with another guy, and it was completely fine, but in daily life whenever I accidentally bump another guy or touch his hand I freak out. Its like lightning runs through my body and I feel so embarassed or uncomfortable. Theres this misconception among high school boys that gay guys automatically want to 'accidentally' touch them and it just isn't true. I think maybe its because I'm afraid of being seen as gay. I just hope I don't feel this way whenever I meet my boyfriend and get to touch him.

What do you guys think? Have you been uncomfortable touching someone of the same sex (who wasnt your partner) even though you're gay?

2. prussianblue100

Not really. I mean, I've bumped into girls before, but just said a quick apology and walked off. Maybe it's because you're getting that feeling with the butterflies in your chest and you feel attraction, but are nervous about it. I don't get the assumption where gay guys want to touch guys or whatever, but maybe you are just getting the butterflies or don't want to be seen as gay yet.

3. GeekMonkey

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Only feel this way when it's someone I'm attracted to and I know they're straight.
    Like I don't want to seem like a creepy horny lesbian or something.

4. hoodie boy

I've certainly felt uncomfortable before. Sometimes I accidentally bump into a member of the same sex or brush legs with them under a table, and I feel awkward. I typically enjoy the feeling, but I feel guilty about it because I doubt the guys are aware of my orientation, and they probably don't receive any pleasure from the contact.

5. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

I don't feel uncomfortable when I accidently touch someone but I just pull away slowly. Although I do freak out when someone accidently touches me, because I don't think I'm expecting it and yea I panic but I play it cool and just pull away slowly, but no it's something i didn't expect so, I don't even know. I don't really like surprises.

Anyways, but if someone touches me and I know it's coming I'm just like ok then whatever but it's something that was unexpected then I panic for like two seconds, I'm sorry for being so confusing. :/

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Maybe your not comfortable with being gay yet :confused:

7. PaganPoetry

Oh my gosh I feel the same way in terms of feeling so awkward...I know I'm into guys but I'm reluctant about hugging them or touching them or anything.....even when I was sorta in a relationship with this one guy, he wanted to hold hands and kiss me and stuff and idk I just felt so uncomfortable....but in general Im so uncomfortable with anyone touching me tbh

8. SensesFailX

I think I'll probably feel fine around my boyfriend if I get to meet him (long distance). Its just the fact that the guys I brush up against accidentally probably aren't gay and it scares me that they'll think I am.