1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know what to do!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by sfguy, Jul 7, 2014.

1. sfguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    This is my first post so hang in there, it might be long and rambling haha.

Ok so I met this guy through an app on my phone. He works evenings/nights (so do I) and he was looking for people to hang out with in the middle of the night when everyone else is sleeping. Someone to talk to, cuddle up for a movie, and even sex. It was exactly what I was looking for so I messaged him. We hung out that night and cuddled on the couch and watched a movie. The night started dwindling to an end and I looked up at him and he started kissing me and eventually had sex (best I've ever had). From then on we started talking every day. We tell each other good morning and good night every day. And just talk about anything else we want to talk about. And through all of this I fell for this guy pretty hard. He's all I can think about. About a month ago I eventually asked him where he saw all of this going. Just where things are or maybe eventually a relationship and he response was that he's bad in relationships so he tends to stay away from them. He says he's too quiet and that makes people think something is wrong when it's not and that he doesn't say if something is actually wrong and that he likes to spend time alone a lot. And that he's looking for what we've basically been doing so far. No going to lie, that hurt a lot but I played it off that I was okay with that too whether he believed it or not. I just wanted to say that he's never been in a relationship with me before. I mean, I like being alone a times. I am quiet like he is too. We even just got from a trip together. I had some time off from work and I jokingly told him that he should take some time off and go somewhere with me and he actually did! We had a lot of fun too so he must like spending time with me. I just don't know what I should be doing with this. Some days I feel like I should end this before I get in too deep and end up hurting myself and other days I love where I'm at. We don't even hang out all that much. Maybe twice a week (not even close to how much I wanna see him). He likes time alone though to work on his car or see some friends which I respect that. I just feel like if I didn't ask to see him on my night off, he wouldn't ask me. He's just so mysterious and says that I can talk to him about anything but I feel like if I say more about wanting something more I'm going to drive him away. What I need advice on is what I should be doing. Should I just keeping trying to play it cool and see where things go or eventually ask him again for something more (we've known each other for almost 2 months now). And also advice on trying to hang out more. I feel so annoying asking him on my nights off if I'm going to see him after work. But I don't want to not ask him and then I don't see him. Sorry for all of the rambling. I'm just so confused and I don't know what to do. Any advice would be great!

2. Well It definateley sounds like you like this guy. I would just wait it out and see where it goes... It all depends do you think he is ready for a relationship?

3. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't worry about long posts - there's no shortage of them here. :wink:
    I would honestly talk to him about a relationship at some point. It doesn't have to be now. See if you can talk him into one.
    It sounds like he doubts himself when, really, you've already begun developing a relationship together.

If he still wishes to remain friends, oh well. If something more comes from it, awesome.
    Let us know what's up.

4. the gypsy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you like male genitals in a sexual way, but you don't like female ones, then you're gay. If you enjoy both in that way, then you're bi. Simple, right? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

As for this fellow, I think you should just tell him how you feel. You can't control how he reacts, but you CAN control how you behave and if you let it slip without being honest with him, you'll only be left to wonder 'what if?'

There are few things worse than that.

5. Hyaline

My partner and I have been together for 7 years.. Even now we both need our own time. We love each other, but sometimes you need your own space and time. And even your own friends.. Finding that balance is important for some couples. I can't imagine spending every waking moment with someone and not wanting to...well, lets just say that would drive me crazy.

For us, I tend to be the loner. Working on my truck or in the garage. Going to the gym. Going camping etc.... All those things that I do by myself, or with friends, but without him. Not on purpose, but rather because we enjoy different things.

I guess my long winded point is that its ok to want to do your own thing. At some point you might be able to get him to open up. But you will have to let him be himself and not try to dictate his time to him. Let him go and have fun. doing things on your own gives you both new things to talk about... :slight_smile: