1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I let them know I'm interested?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by hoodie boy, Jul 7, 2014.

1. hoodie boy

I'm a college student, and I've never been on a date before. I've only recently started to come to terms with my own sexuality, and I'm not sure how to approach another guy that I'm interested in.
    Today, between classes, I saw a guy I'd never seen before in the library. He was wearing a black shirt with a rainbow on it and skinny jeans. I wanted to talk to him, but I couldn't build up the courage to say hello. I've never been romantically involved with anyone before, and I'm not really sure how to introduce myself. I don't know how to be flirtatious, and nothing about me gives any real indication that I'm homosexual.
    I'm not looking for a sexual relationship at this point in my life, but I would really like to meet and get to know other gay people at my college (although I would like to have a boyfriend). I attended the school's LGTB Pride club for the first time last month, but I found it difficult to socialize with the other students there - most were significantly older than me.
    How should I approach people I'm interested in (either as friends or as boyfriends)? Is there some way I can subtly share my orientation with others, so that they know I'm gay, and that I'm potentially interested in a relationship? Any advice would be greatly appreciated - Thanks.

2. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a PFLAG sticker on my laptop xD
    I dunno... stuff like that... or wear a rainbow bracelet...

Or.. if you don't want to out yourself publicly, just go talk to them! :slight_smile: