1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creeped out

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by BethLauren, Jul 8, 2014.

1. BethLauren

Okay, so recently this guys been hitting on me. I used to know him because we went to school together though he's a few years older. Obviously, I'm not interested but it's just harmless flirting. Anyway, I mentioned that I had a late start at college on thursday, and he offered me a lift. I thought, great and agreed because it meant I didn't have to spend money on the train.

But then, today, he was messaging me and I mentioned that it was raining and he asked if I wanted a lift home. I said no, I had another lesson and was planning to get the bus anyway. But he kept insisting that it was 'no trouble' and making up excuses for being in the area anyway, even when I repeatedly told him I didn't want a lift. Finally he accepted it, sending me multiple ':frowning2:' to try and guilt me.

My phone died, and once I got home I had messages from him asking where the bus dropped me off and wanting to know if he could pick me up, even though it is literally a five minute journey from the place the bus stops to my home. I explained I was home already and it would have been a waste of a journey for him.

Anyway. I'm getting weird vibes from this, am I crazy? Like he seems desperate to get me in his car and at times his talk has gone beyond flirting. Just, tell me, would this scare you too? Because I'm pretty fkn scared.

2. Brodie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would maybe just take a step back and although I wouldn't ignore him because he may be a sweet person, I would try and just make it obvious you arent interested before you get inundated with phone calls and text messages haha.

You are a pretty girl, why wouldnt he be interested, just direct it away and he will soon pine somewhere else :slight_smile:

p.s if he gets creepy just be brutally honest and tell him you arent interested and hope the one journey you shared didnt suggest anything otherwise.

3. BethLauren

Thank you for the compliment haha!

I don't know. He's alright at times, but he only started talking to me again a week ago and in that time he's asking about my sexual partners, asked how I hook up with people, made suggestive comments about taking me 'for a ride'.

Like, I don't mind flirting. I'm a very flirty person, I find it fun and it's usually harmless. But there's a line, right?

And when I told him I didn't want a lift home, he kept asking again and again even when I told him, explicitly, no politeness 'No, I don't want a lift'. I mean at one point when I said I was going to catch the bus, he said 'I refuse to let you'

Maybe I'm overreacting. But I'm just getting weird vibes.

4. Brodie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha its okay!

Flirting is nice and you shouldnt stop over something silly, but I would perhaps be wary flirting with this particular guy. That or if you don't feel too awful about the situation hold up and if something similar happens, or he crosses the line, go to strict civil conversation and cut the flirting, then at least you arent taking this one instance as the final straw but you are willing to do something to stop it?

He's just a young lad who got some flirty texts from a girl and thinks its cute to do the protective "I WILL DRIVE YOU!" thing.

Hope you figure it out :slight_smile:

5. Acm

Acm Guest

Yeah that seems kind of weird to me, I would probably be creeped out too

6. birdking

YEAH be careful! He probably doesn't mean any harm but you should distance yourself a little just in case. He sounds really insistent...

It's not offensive to not want someone flirting with you. Just tell him it bothers you.