1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Head scratcher

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Confusedguybi, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Confusedguybi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ok so I've got a problem, firstly a bit about me. A few months ago I started to realise I was having feeling for guys as well as girls, something that came as a bit of a shock when I first realised! I've now been chatting with guys on dating sites and stuff and have got to know a couple of guys really well but have been too afraid to meet any of them. I live in a small town where it would be almost impossible to meet a guy because there either isn't any or they are to afraid to say they Re gay/bi!

Now to my problem...I was out in my local pub with a few friends and family the other night but got a bit bored so decided to help out a friend behind the bar whilst also enjoy the free drinks for giving them a hand. Towards the end of the night I decided to get some fresh air as it was boiling hot behind the bar so went outside the front of the pub and sat on the step, after a few minutes a guy came from across the road and sat next to me on the step and we started chatting he told me he'd come to get a bottle of wine and asked if he'd still get served at the bar, :help:unfortunately at this point the amount of alcohol I drank kicked in and I only vaguely remember parts of the conversation, we had been chatting a while when he suddenly asked if I was gay. At first I lied and said no at which he told me he was bi so I thought why not just be honest and told him I was bi to. He said he knew I was even though I've never told anyone before this guy. After that I remember him asking for my number and me declining because I was unsure whether I wanted people to know just yet....a decision I regretted within five minutes of him leaving.

So my problem is I'm not 100% sure who I was talking to I remember his name and vaguely his face, and I'm pretty sure it's a guy that moved to my town not long after I realised I was having feelings for guys and who I thought was really good looking but whom I was convinced was straight! I kind of remember getting home and messaging this guy my number on Facebook and checked when I woke up in the morning and it was the guy I thought I was talking to. However after a couple of days with no reply I checked his page and realised he hadn't posted anything in over a month! My predicament now is how to go about asking this guy if it was him?

If you've taken the time to read this thank you and any advice would be much appreciated this might sound trivial to some people but it's quite a big deal to me.:help:

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    you might want to go to the bar to see if he is there, if you even remember his face, lol

3. Confusedguybi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Like I said im pretty sure I know who it is but if I approach him and ita not im a bit afraid of the reaction I might get!

4. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    you might just wanna try it, or go to the bar and hope he comes and tries to talk to you, this is the only advice i can give

5. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm with Peacemaker on this one.
    There's no awesome/nice way to ask that guy if he was the one you talked to. If you ask him, it just looks bad that you already forgot who it is.

I'd just sit at the bar. See if you see him around more.

6. Elusive

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I agree with the other posters that it's probably best to go back to the pub and see if you spot him there. Hopefully he's a regular and you might catch him.

Another thing I could suggest is maybe posting on Craigslist in the personals section called 'missed connections.' You could write a description of the event, and maybe he might read it.

All the best!

7. Akane

Have you tried to search for him on Facebook with just his first name?

And I agree, maybe hang around that bar again to see if he will show up again.

And once you do see him, be sure to tell him that you are just now realizing your bisexuality yourself and not ready to date or try anything yet.

My mistake was to not tell this one girl (I was 17 when I realized I might be a lesbian) and I totally broke her heart because I just stopped talking to her and blocked her because I felt pressured to come out and start dating women.

8. Confusedguybi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ive had confirmation from the landlady of the pub that only one person came in and bought a bottle of wine that night and it is the guy ive been hoping it was!!!!! Now I just have to get in touch with him!

9. Akane

10. Kabuki

Woot! :eusa_danc (!)

That's great! Now you can get a second chance and see what happens from there. Keep us posted about what happens, and never forget, if you are confused or need advice about something, we are here to help :grin: