1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a dating v. relationship question.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by CharlieHK, Jul 9, 2014.

1. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

Okay, so there is a thread on here right now related to this but I didn't want to start a tangent there because this question is a little more complicated.

What is the difference between dating someone and being in a relationship with them?

Look, I only have experience with the high school definition of dating and relationships. So for example I gave my crush my number when we were 15 and she [paraphrasing] texted me and then I told her "i like-like your face" and she was all like, "i like-like your face too". And then we were like okay relationship then a date a month into the relationship.

But then I hear people go: "no, you date then if you like the dates you start a relationship. But then I'm like how do you date unless you are in a relationship."

What.

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Well, there's casual dating and then going out with people you're -actually really- dating.

I don't believe in 'dating' (people I'm not in a relationship with to begin with) like some people do, since there's no point. Taking someone I barely know out to get to know them has zero appeal to me. It's like no, if you want to know me, we should just talk, and then become friends, AND then we can confess if we like each other and start a relationship from there.

3. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

i never even thought about this or knew it was a thing

THE PEOPLE WE KEEPS GETTING MORE COMPLICATED I cant keep up nooo....

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I like it when you get to go on dates I think dating is when your just getting to know each other , relationship is when your serious and know each other .

5. the gypsy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    To me, there are two types of dates.

Dates to meet people and talk to prospective relationship partners, and then 'going steady'.. In which you only date that one person and they you. When it's just you and them, then, I consider that a relationship.

You'll get a different answer on this from everyone you ask. Just come up with whatever makes you comfortable and go with that.

6. neutron

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like this too, if we like each other then just talk and befriend. Going out on "date" is part of knowing people, it doesn't necessarily mean I have sexual interest in them then or down the road. That part is already determined not when it is on "date" or not.