1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some advice on a problem that is frustrating me

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by robotman, Jul 10, 2014.

1. robotman

Okay, so I posted this thread http://emptyclosets.com/forum/comin...ng-outed-someone-i-thought-i-could-trust.html (here is a refresher to catch up on the story).

Basically what has happened now is K has started messaging me again. He sent me a mail a couple of days ago saying something along the lines of "Hey, long time, how have you been? Are you good? We should catch up soon". Now I really was angry because this situation happened before where we didn't speak for like 6 months then he would message me. I could be paranoid but I just think that he basically used me to hang out with, then dropped me when he found someone else, then now that is isn't speaking to them anymore he is running back to me. I could be wrong but that is what I think could be happening. The thing is I have so many questions to ask him like "why would you out me to our old school friends when you know that I didn't want anyone to know" and "why are you so sly when you I like you" etc.

I already messaged back today and said "Hi, I'm okay thanks. Yourself?" He hasn't replied yet but what I need to know is what should I do? I don't want to risk getting hurt again because I actually did like him but I want to ask him questions about what happened and to be honest he is the only other gay person I know. So I really have like no other gay friends to talk too and stuff. What should I do guys?

2. Greeley

Well, i live by this phrase from a song i listen to....

"Forgive but never forget"

So even if he's here to use you again. you can kind of just see it as you will use him back so it feels less like you're putting all the friendship into it. You can just have him as your "gay acquaintance" so it feels less dependant on friendship if you get me?

3. robotman

I know what you mean. I just think of him as abit of a habitual liar and I just don't want him gossiping about me to old school friends/people (even if I don't talk to them anymore) again but I could be thinking like this because I am a paranoid person in general. Anyways, he hasn't messaged me back yet so I will see what happens. To be honest I am confused about the whole thing lol. I really do need to meet new people and make more friends, that way I won't have to even worry about this and I can move on.

4. katwat

".... I won't have to even worry about this and I can move on...."

That is your gut telling you to avoid this person.