1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Irony?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by maselalala, Jul 11, 2014.

1. maselalala

Hi guys... So My Bully/Neighbor came to my door and he wanted to use my phone and computer. This guy treats me like pure shit, threatened me, intimidates me, calls me names, makes me feel ashamed for being me. So I said no so he went back. Was it smart for me to say no?

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yes your right to say no.

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Either that or "Yes, as long as you apologize and say you'll quit treating me like shit." If he refuses or does it just sarcastically, then uphold your no answer. :slight_smile:

4. maselalala

5. Akane

The answer will depend on one's personality and experiences.

You will get different answers from people because of this.

As Don Miguel Ruiz once put it, people will say and do things according to what they experienced and how they cope with life. People will throw black magic at you but don't let that hurt you, because they are only hurting themselves for attempting to hurt you.
    Don Miguel Ruiz Search

So maybe this person has a hard life, you don't know, maybe he has a crush on you, you might never know because he was probably never shown a kindness, I am surprised he even asked.
    I might be 21 but I still have people bullying me even in college, and this one woman gives me so much crap but one time she asked if she can use my phone for a minute and I let her. Maybe I'm too nice for my own good, I don't care if I am, I would rather be a good person to everyone than become bitter and constantly angry like her. Maybe she will finally make up her mind and find out how WRONG she is about me. But if not, then she will always feel a bit guilty for treating me like dirt when I treat her like a decent human being. I know she has had a rough life and sometimes I cry about how mean she is but she is around my circle of friends now, and I can either confront her or let it go, I would rather let it go and forget about it. It will be hard, but I know it is possible. I've done it before back in high school.

So, in other words, no, I didn't see that as irony, I saw that as an opportunity, but there will be more I'm sure.

6. birdking

If he threatens you, I don't see any reason to do him any favors. If someone makes you feel unsafe you should stay away from that person.

7. Pkfirebolt

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Saying no will give you the confidence to stand up to him the next time he tries to bully you!

8. Akane

Pfft. If he threatened you why not get his sorry self into Juvie? Call the cops. Simple.

9. PICollins91

Yeah, you did the right thing if he's threatening you. Unless his attitude changes I would advise you follow birdking's advice and avoid him as much as you can.

10. maselalala

Yea I will do that.. thanks :slight_smile:

11. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    don't feel bad about it really. it's his fault that he choose to mistreat people the way he did, and it looked like it came back to bite him. at the same time, it's kind of hard to forgive bullies. they might have an entire life of struggle that you may not be aware of. you can try to keep that in mind haha. until then, stay out of his line of sight.