1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck in a rut

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by KC1991, Jul 13, 2014.

1. KC1991

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi, this is my first post so it might be a bit rambly.

In childhood i was bullied and have since struggled with my confidence, having counselling a few years back for depression and anxiety. That has now passed and i am in a better place but I cannot get rid of the negative thoughts about myself.

In terms of meeting guys, I've been on online dating sites for years and also ****** (and we all know how that goes), guys come and go but there is no stability. My lack of confidence means i tend to stay back from everyone, i dunno where i would meet people in the real world and even if i did i don't feel id have the bravery to push myself to go either. I don't particularly feel like anyone i know is close to me, its either a shag or an acquaintance. I feel as if my negative mindset rubs off on everyone, im the loveliest person but people tend to give up on me, and its always me making all the effort with no return.

im really stuck in a rut and don't know what else to do. I just wish i was brave enough to not waste my life.

2. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Yeah me too..

3. Calamus1960

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds like you should go back to counseling...maybe a different counselor...I am sure you are a lovely person. That statement alone tells me that you like yourself. Be patient! I would bet most all who post here are waiting for that special someone. Don't settle! Get out there!

4. Jaym

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi K C. I get how you feel. I was never really bullied per se, but was often left out n didn't have many friends. I have grown up with a lack of self esteem n it really affects my life. I'm not out which makes iteven harder. I don'twant anyone to find out I'm gay but then don't know how to go about finding a guy. N id be too shy. I also am a nice person but sometimes I feel that's all I've got,,
    or at least I think that's all ppl see n they get bored of me or something because I find it hard to make good friends or for ppl to want to meet outside of work. Every now and again we go out from workbut I havent got any close friends. I wish it was easier. Plus I find work quite stressful. I'm just bored n don't know how I'm gonna get out of this drudgery