1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling stuck

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by kosmusurfer, Jul 14, 2014.

1. kosmusurfer

kosmusurfer Guest

Hello
    I'm kinda new here
    I've been feeling like my life's not going anywhere for a very long time.

I suffer from social anxiety, so I have a hard time going out or travelling my own , although I've done that before

I have a bf, but he's currently in the US, you can see the full story here - http://emptyclosets.com/forum/famil...44041-long-distance-relationship-venting.html

I live with my parents as I could never muster up the courage to leave, even though I used to have the funds to do so. Currently I'm unemployed and I do nothing with my life.
    I only have 1 friend which I obviously can't see every day so I sit in front of my computer all day long, waiting for time to go by.

I tried to get to know people from my area online (as I can't think of going to crowded place all by myself - I'm scared to be alone) but I haven't had any luck as I feel like I can't hold up a conversation with most people and most of them are looking for sex or a relationship

I love video games and movies and I wish I had a friend to share that with...

The only thing I thought about is actually going to dating websites and forums (my bf knows) but I only found a few people who are far away and I'm probably never get to see

Sorry for my rant... Just needed to get it out

#1 kosmusurfer, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2014
  2. Akane

Well if you are looking for friends dating sites are a no go probably.

Unless they have an option for activity buddies but then that could even give them the wrong idea.

Do you go to therapy about your social anxiety?

Do you have any other hobbies besides the internet and video games?

3. kosmusurfer

kosmusurfer Guest

Thanks for your reply
    I used to go to therapy for a long time, but both my therapist and I have decided recently that I no longer need it.

I don't have any other hobbies, other than the ones I've mentioned, however, I do like some movies sometimes