1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advise :(

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Rose22, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Rose22

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm currently extremely confused and it's putting a stain on everything.

I'm 22 and always denied being attracted to girls. I started dating my current bf at the age of 17. I love him to death and he means the world to me. I've told him that I'm attracted to girls and he has been very supportive about it. The problem is ... I becoming more and more interested in women. I find myself daily looking at lesbian couples online and wondering what it would be like. I've come out to afew close friends who are straight... They have been there for me when I've needed to talk but it's getting worse.. I've been putting pressure on myself to know what is my sexuality ? Even though I havnt acted on how I feel about other women.. I feel like I'm cheating on my bf. I know it doesn't really matter what my sexuality is as long as I'm happy but I'm feeling really down about it all.

Please help!!!:icon_sad:

2. wanderinggirl

It's hard to figure your sexuality out in a vacuum; especially with the guilt of feeling like you're emotionally cheating. But it sounds like you can be open with him and talk to him about it; what has he said? Has he been helpful at all? Would you consider taking a break to figure it out?

3. Rose22

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    *strain...

---------- Post added 18th Jul 2014 at 07:10 PM ----------

Thanks for your reply
    Umm when I first told him about it he said I could experiment but I said no. I wasn't ready to act on anything as i hadn't really felt anything since we started dating and thought
    It would just pass again... Lately he just sorta jokes about it and just tells me not to worry about it and 'what does it matter'
    He has a good point.. Like really it shouldn't matter but I feel like I'm in hiding/not being myself

I've taken some time off work to hopefully clear my head...