1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First date to a social event.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Jwis, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Jwis

So, as some of you may know, possibly I'm not the most active person on the forum but I have only recently come out (within the 9 months). I have been seen this one guy, we have had a few dates and things are going pretty well.

He is having a work party and most people are bringing dates, and he invited me as his date. I am probably going to accept, but I am nervous as all heck. This would be a huge step for me.

Any advice? Or I could just use some words of encouragement!

2. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My partner and I have always brought each other to work events--it's never been an issue. Have a great time!!

3. HTBO

Congratulations! That is a big step. He must like you.

4. Jwis

I expressed my concerns to him, and told him about how nervous I was. Which is another big step for me, in the past I usually didn't share my feelings especially with another guy.

Turns out it is his first time he would have another guy to a social function. He is more outgoing than me though. I'm excited to be sharing this first experience together.

On top of an awesome meeting that I conducted at work today this was a really good day. I needed it!