1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worried I might become an alcoholic

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by stocking, Jul 18, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've been hanging out at a local gay bar in my town once a month but, I've noticed people tend to force or try to get you to drink .My first time at a gay bar I got really drunk , I was so nervous because I came there on my own . I regretted getting drunk and I only drank one glass my 2nd time but people kept trying getting me to drink and I kept having to say no thank you , I don't like being drunk or like myself when I'm drunk because I get pretty frisky and I worry about that since I'm by myself some people might take advantage .
    Are there ways I can be fun or relax and get to know people without having to get drunk ? or drink anything I don't like doing this all the time I don't want to get dependent on alcohol

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Maybe you should find a better environment. I would avoid going to clubs for a while if people are going to coerce you into drinking.

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I just really wanted to make friends with other gay guys and maybe one or two lesbians that's why I go because I have way too many straight friends :icon_sad:

4. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

It sucks that there isn't a better place for us to meet gay people. Sometimes bars can be really unsafe.

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I decided to volunteer at my gay community center but they hadn't given me my days yet .